Darius
    G Darius
    Ray Storm
    Daisenpu
    Twin Cobra
    Volfied
    Camel Try
    Puzzle Bobble
    That'd be a nice pack for starters; though I have got most of them on XBox MAME already...

Comment

MD, that list proves Taito are a a very prolific company. I checked on some other games they have made, it really shows they have always produced great games, with many of them being quite unique.

The Taito retro pak should be excellent, could be the best one ever.

Comment

This press release from Taito states that the disc will feature 20+ games. Op Wolf, Bubble Bobble and RAINBOW ISLANDS are confirmed.

Which is nice.
        Last edited by Duddyroar; 20-12-2004, 11:18.

Comment

If you want a shooter you should really try and get hold of sapphire with an arcade card . I'd also recommend lords of thunder and gates of thunder.

Comment

Do you reckon it's worth the money though? It has gotta be an utterly amazing game for the price (neo-geo style fanboy comments aside). How about the castlevania game?

Comment

Dracula X IS worth the dosh. Fanboy comments aside, it's an awesome platformer. Everything is perfection - the visuals, the music, the controls, the challenge - this is a reminder just how 'good' the 'good old days' were. I got my copy off ebay for fifty quid, because the manual was a little dog-eared. The seller actually did himself out of money by being too honest (not something you see on ebay every day) - he said the manual was a mess when in fact only the cover was tatty. The everything else, including the disc, was in excellent condition.

Worth every penny at fifty sheets.

Comment

anyone wants one im selling a white PCE with a uk psu and hardwired rgb scart.

Comment

Any more details? i.e. overall condition, boxed/unboxed, no. of controllers, any games included, price w/wout postage?

Comment

Just a warning - the mods WILL delete your posts if they consider them to be 'PM' material. Plus, you should probably be peddling your wares in the Trading forum, jethro jazz.

As for the PC Engine to get - it's gotta be the Duo-RX. I don't see the point of just getting a standard hucard-only Engine (even if they do look awesome). You might as well go the whole hog and get a Duo, cos there are some decent CD titles out there too.

Comment

Hmph, I reckon you're best off with a white Pc Engine IFU-30 brief case and CD-Rom2

How many other consoles transform into a goddamned briefcase!

Although, a Duo * will be cheaper, and the R or RX will probably be more reliable too.
                      Last edited by Papercut; 20-12-2004, 15:59.

Comment

I've got a white hardwired scart engine and a Duo.
                        I have to say i still want a briefcase CD-Rom2, one of the most sexy looking console set-ups ever.
                        Oh and a nice new white engine to go with as mine looks like it taken some spashback from the local urinals.

Comment

My Fave set-up is my PC ENGINE LT + CD ROM2

Just had a go yesterday,not had it on for a while,, DEVIL CRASH is just so dam good8)

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                            Dracula X IS worth the dosh. Fanboy comments aside, it's an awesome platformer. Everything is perfection - the visuals, the music, the controls, the challenge - this is a reminder just how 'good' the 'good old days' were.
                            Totally agree. It's my fav PC Engine game and one of the best from that generation.

I paid $100 for my copy, with mint manual and spline card. Probably worth a lot more now, but I'm never letting it go.

When I look at what Castlevania has become now - a Metroid clone - it depresses me. Yeah they're decent enough games, but the old school Castlevania is what I'm after. No backtracking, no getting stuck and endlessly wandering for the answer... just pure Castlevania gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by HANGMAN
                              My Fave set-up is my PC ENGINE LT + CD ROM2
                              I hate you I had the opportunity to buy one about a year ago. Passed it up based on my previous experience of the PC Engine.

So, so stupid.

I don't see the point of just getting a standard hucard-only Engine (even if they do look awesome).
                              It's ALL about sticking it all together though man! As any MD1/MCD1/32x owner will tell you

Comment

Dont hate me,join me....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

Working...
                                X