Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few recent-ish bits I've bought:

Comment

Didn't know there had ever been a videogame of The Thing, is it any good?

Comment

It is actually a really good team horror game. It works on a trust system and if you fail to keep the trust of the squad they go nuts. Nice visuals for the age and the PS2 version even has 60hz. Good game.

Halo for 2600! Love it!

Also what is that Square Internal Section?

Comment

@ikobo I've not played it yet! It's one of those games I've nearly bought for a couple of quid quite a few times now - online reviews are pretty average. Got it off moonwhistle last week in a tat for tat trade, along with Tempest X, Wipeout and Samba De Amigo Wii.

@nakamura Halo is a nes cart re-skin from 72pins.com - got it in the sale as a xmas gift for a friend who has recently rediscovered the nes. It's a random US NES game inside. Internal Section is a "tube shooter" with Rez style graphics. Another game I've always wanted to try but only just bought (not played this one yet either).

Hardcore 101 feature: http://hardcoregaming101.net/interna...nalsection.htm
          Last edited by acidbearboy; 16-10-2012, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            Didn't know there had ever been a videogame of The Thing, is it any good?
            Got it on the X-Box and its really good and does a create job of capturing the atmosphere of the film and I liked how it took part just after the film. The trust system was quite unique too .

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
              Just got my hands on a sealed MGS Twin Snakes!! (PAL)
              Proper Nintendo red strip sealed?

I thought Konami didn't seal their games?

Photo would be cool, not because I don't believe you, just because I love Twin Snakes.

Comment

Hopefully he shoves it on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  It is actually a really good team horror game. It works on a trust system and if you fail to keep the trust of the squad they go nuts. Nice visuals for the age and the PS2 version even has 60hz. Good game.
                  Mart i played that back in the day and really enjoyed it. Didn't play a huge amount but liked the atmosphere. It was probably because i love the movie so much. Have you seen the Movie? If not i urge you too as i think it's one of the best Sci Fi horrors (1982) ever and def i.m.o John Carpenters best film.

Comment

A bit late with this, but I've been on a bit f a JPN Namco PS1 splurge.

Loving the '90s arcade feel.

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                      Proper Nintendo red strip sealed?

I thought Konami didn't seal their games?

Photo would be cool, not because I don't believe you, just because I love Twin Snakes.
                      It does indeed have a vertical seem in the bottom section but no nintendo logo.. It seems legit though with a super tight seal and all the correct folds in the corners.. I'll get some photos of it ASAP

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Hopefully he shoves it on eBay.
                      Well you didn't think I was going tear it open and play it did you?

Comment

Anybody here ever bought one of those retro game job lots from japan? There always seems to be auctions for a box of 100 or so Playstation or Super Famicom games on ebay, which work out around ?1 a game. Just wondered how much tat you get, and also if you're likely to incur customs charges?

Comment

Loads of tat mate. Probably 80%. Customs charges are about ?40-?45 per lot.

I bought a Famicom lot, 170 titles. There were 197 in total, about 120 unique titles, many many mahjong games.

Just to break it down, I bought an 80 game SFC lot, 120 PS1/2 & 170 FC lot. Out of the three lots, there were a total of 25 games I ended up wanting to keep.

I got lucky & sold major chunks of it on ebay and have recouped most of my money. The real dross however.... I put 66 PS1 titles on the bay for ?53 delivered and no one bid. You can't get rid of it so it's not really worth it unless you want an insta-collection of tripe.
                          Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 18-10-2012, 18:31.

Comment

I used to buy those lots. Now I have cupboards full of tat that I can't get rid of, because I refuse to throw away otherwise perfectly working games. Hundreds of Famicom, Super Famicom and Gameboy carts. Mostly gambling, strategy and sports titles.

However, money wise I did good. For instance Super Famicom carts I used to buy under 2 euros each (including customs charges). I sold some of the better titles that I already had doubles of for around 10 euros each.

Comment

Can you list me your Famicom & Gameboy stuff?
                              Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 18-10-2012, 19:14.

Comment

Thanks for the info chaps. The customs charge alone was enough to put me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X