Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad someone else has something good to say about Shadow Dancer - it's often ignored in the face of the other Shinobi games.

Although I love Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi II (III in the west) Shadow Dancer remains my fave of the series. The graphics are just so rich and colourful, the gameplay is a little more 'in your face' than the subtle ROS and the music...I love the music in that game. The bonus stage stands out as my fave, with the sampled 'uh's! Plus the addition of the dog is way cool.

A classic. If only the PAL boxart wasn't so bloody terrible. Stick with the Japanese version, I say!

Comment

Too right - I didn't even recognise it as Shadow Dancer until I looked at the top of the cart. The artwork is bizarre - doesn't bear any relation to the game - in fact I thought it was Streets of Rage at first glace!

Wicked game though. The dog RULES.

Comment

I ranks as my worst boxart ever. Like you say the image has nothing to do with the game. It looks like some kind of Ninja Neighborhood Watch simulator, as Joe appears to be stopping a mugger from stealing a young lady's handbag. Hardly gives an indication of the titanic struggle against a world crime gang, does it?

Comment

Another vote for teh Shadow Dancer. Feels much faster than the other games in the series. I love The Super Shinobi but it feels quite slow now in comparison.

Comment

Super Smash Bros on N64 - a mate has a copy, no longer wants it - is bringing it to my house tomorrow when he comes round - at no charge - well pleased. That one is quite pricey now and a tremendous one to play after a couple of lagers.

Comment

A fruitful 24 hours at the wheelan household I think.

Get back from work yesterday to find 20 japanese md games waiting for me. Nothing special, just collection fillers really, but a few EA titles which are never the easiest to find.

But then this morning a delightful, but small, pce package arrived.

Sealed TV Show - A very nice bombermanesque type affair
              Sealed Kaze Kiri - We've all heard of this surely
              Renny Blaster - A great Rolling Thunderesque game, but swap guns for cards
              Attached Files

Comment

Got some great Saturn deals today.

Fire Pro Wrestling Burning Tornado
                Dragonball Z (yes I bought the good 2D game last week and now I have the complete crap 3D game but for 50 yen (^o^) )
                Gotha (one of the first war sim type games for the saturn and the first in the Gotha series)
                Rockman X4 Special Pack (Not too sure what's special about it)
                Shinrei Jusaishi Tarumaru (yep the game that costs a bomb. Completely mint)
                Crows (another rare title that cost quite a bit)

A big thanks to wheelaa for the Crows and Tarumaru

Yakumo

Comment

OOOoooo Crows AND Tarumaru, you greedy get.

I want >_<

Comment

Meh, you can live without Crows, its pants but collectable, Taromaru on the other hand is a really special game imo, it's just a pity that the price is prohibitive to most gamers. I wish I hadn't sold mine now (to wheelaa iirc ^_^).

Comment

Seeing Yakumo's set got me wanting so i managed to find these on Ebay at a rather decent price.

The Megadrive one is missing as it went straight on the PSP ^o^;

Comment

Yakumo's last Saturn haul makes mine look pretty crappy:

He can't make his own aquarium, though. Hah!

Also pretty happy with Puyo Puyo Sun, since it's got all the original stickers and stuff with it.

Comment

Puyo Puyo Sun is prob my fave version.

Comment

Kol can you post some Aquazone impressions when you've given it a whirl?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                              Kol can you post some Aquazone impressions when you've given it a whirl?
                              I can for you. It's crap Low resolution crap. They really wasted the Saturn's power on that. They could have done so much more.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                                I can for you. It's crap Low resolution crap. They really wasted the Saturn's power on that. They could have done so much more.

Yakumo
                                **** man that sucks, i was hoping for some nicely done relax em up

Comment

Working...
                                X