Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
    German language release in PAL too... But nobody wants that :-P
    ...except Germans.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
      ...except Germans.
      Oh yeah! I forgot about them!

Comment

There is also a Scandinavian release which is fully in English. Released only in Sweden.

In my opinion it's rarer than Australian release.

Comment

I'm on a bit of Toaplan mission at the moment!

Tatsujin and Tora Tora Tora/Fire Shark were both from Genkivideogames and (as usual) arrived so mint that you would swear they're fresh out of the factory.

Hellfire was an eBay purchase and is complete with registration card but there's a rip in the plastic cover which has also ripped the inlay...however, it cost me ?5 including postage so I guess I can't complain.

Oh, and Axelay was from Kubrick off here. Top game, top bloke.

Comment

Started a new retro campaign at the beginning of the week. (since losing me original Wii)

Thank you to Soundwave for selling me the FC twin, which came with three games. (metroid, Castlevania II and Zelda II, which I have beaten before)

Two games I bought and have been playing this week in the picture are, Mike Tysons punch-out and Ninja Gaiden.

And I got a bit of triggerheart in too.

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 29-05-2009, 23:33. Reason: Trouble with pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post

I love Tatsujin,never really get's the attention that it should...

Never played Fire Shark, any good Duddyroar

Comment

Right! Im making my first few steps towards pixel perfect gameplay (and potentially a new TV)
                As much as I love my huge CRT, it is wayyyy too big. I could have an extra console or two in its place with a flat screen behind them and enjoy the benefits of HD on the PS3 & 360.

So, I began doing lots of reading on the XRGB series, decided to go for one and found theyre pretty much impossible to find. Thanks to Atticus from these boards, I bought his old one and have taken the dive!

Im still an absolute noob to all of this. Ive got it working on 3 different PC monitors with varied results. But overall im amazed at what this unit can do!
                So if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions, id be really happy to hear them

And while on the note of pixel perfect-ness, I had to upgrade to the Wonderswan SwanCrystal. Anyone buying a Wonderswan, do not buy anything other than the SwanCrystal as the older ones have a big blurry display.

Comment

Tru that, I used to have a regular Swan and could see fek all under any condition. Cool little system mind.

Apart from having 5 playable games h45r:

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                    I love Tatsujin,never really get's the attention that it should...

I have impressions of Same! Same! Same! (fire shark) its a really good old skool shooter. Tatsujin is great though. Gets pretty tough. Sure I read here that is an easy shooter. I personally found it challenging. Would pick up Same! Same! Same! Great shooter.

Or is it Tora Tora Tora!

Comment

Cheers SD , just toooo much good games i want atm,as for Tatsujin your right I find it challenging, which isn't a bad thing.Keeps me going back for another go.

Comment

A lot of the nicer collectable WSes aren't Crystals though, like the Gundam and Chocobo ones.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                          If you like Tatsujin then you'll love Fire Shark. It reminds me a lot of Raiden as well, and visually it's like a 16-bit Battle Garegga.

For some reason it got a lot of stick when it was first released - I think CVG gave it about 59%, although that might have something to do with the fact that a new shooter got released on the MD on an almost daily basis back then, so they were probably pig sick of them. However, people seem to have a pretty good opinion of it these days. It's well worth a punt.

Comment

Has anyone got a chocobo wonderswan? I'd love to see one of those. I got a final fantasy I boxset from a junk box in Trader, and the box and game were mint, but the console was the most hideously yellowed thing I've ever seen, it looks like a tramp's teeth.

Comment

I had a Chocobo set, but sold it a while ago, along with the FFII set, which I then bought back again *duh*

Tried bidding on a few Chocobo sets but they went for more than I was willing to pay at the time, and then I lost interest in all things WonderSwan (I was fairly obsessed with getting a Wonderborg for a time). I've still got the FFII and the Gundam editions.

Comment

Went to a market today.
                                Got 24 Atari 2600 games for $30
                                A Gameboy Colour with Pokemon Card game for $5
                                Two N64 controllers with good sticks, genuine Nintendo AV cord and a N64 memory pak for $20
                                Altered Beast was $10

Comment

Working...
                                X