Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
    So did I mate, but like you I sold it all as per usual!
    As will this one as well eh

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
      As will this one as well eh
      He is worse than me you know Gaz although he'll never admit it

Comment

Haha that's quite a statement!!

Comment

Yeah I know I'm anticipating a full on rant any minute about how I never play my games etc etc etc lol.
          He is worse.
          I don't mind admitting I love the collecting part more than the playing nowadays

Comment

I enjoy the collecting aspect myself, I started a thread a while ago looking for a new hobby, but the fact is that I find collecting games to be a fun thing to do. There's no need to rant at Neil, he know's all his issues, i've made sure of it. Would be nice if he at least tried all the games he buys though..............

And as for the selling Garry, yeah, they'll undoubtedly go eventually. I'm past the stage of saying "i'll never sell this!". The cab is the only thing that stands a chance of always staying, but that's probably down to the effort it would take to get it out the flat, i'm far too lazy to be trying that!

Comment

Ikobo, have you tried genkivideogames.com? I had a rather large Japanese MD collection a few years back and got loads of minty stuff from there..

Fast, friendly e-mails, so you can ask in advance about condition and always get a detailed reply

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                Ikobo, have you tried genkivideogames.com? I had a rather large Japanese MD collection a few years back and got loads of minty stuff from there..

Fast, friendly e-mails, so you can ask in advance about condition and always get a detailed reply
                every now and then they tuck in a little bonus package as well which is a lovely touch! My last little bonus was a little OnePiece toy.

I'll second this recommendation - usally cheaper than videogameimports as well - like for like.

Comment

I've dealt with Genki loads over the years, Pete's a nice lad. Only thing with their prices are 95% of the time it's cheaper just to buy from Japan yourself, which is what i'm doing at the moment apart from the odd game that pops up on ebay. Would just be nice to get some more bargains in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo
                    There's no need to rant at Neil
                    Just remember you said this I'm a delicate flower and you can be very hurtful at times

he know's all his issues, i've made sure of it.
                    Constantly.

The cab is the only thing that stands a chance of always staying, but that's probably down to the effort it would take to get it out the flat, i'm far too lazy to be trying that!
                    I'll help you I needwant another cab.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                      I'll help you I needwant another cab.
                      Ok, ONE MEEEEEEELLEEEEEON DOLLARRR!!!!!!

Comment

ikobo, I take you've already got Bare Knuckle 2 for your spanky new MD? Monster World IV is very underrated IMO.

Knowing your expensive tastes I bet you've already bagged the likes of Eliminate Down, Gleylancer ét al

Comment

Bare knuckle 1,2 and 3 should be here in a package from Japan tomorrow mate, it's been in the Coventry parcelforce depot since Friday according to the tracking. Haven't bought any really expensive games yet. Musha aleste and V-V have been the priciest, but neither of them have arrived yet either. If I saw eliminate down and gleylancer at decent prices i'd definitely snag them though.

Comment

Eliminate Down is one of the few games I have 1cc,so i will always have a soft spot for it....wouldn't mind playing it again,but put so much time into I doubt I'll own it again.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              Monster World IV is very underrated IMO
                              I'll second that, but you're best off playing the fan translated version.
                              Classic video game modifications, fan translations, homebrew, utilities, and learning resources.

Someone released a patch to allow it to use regular save functions compatible with the Everdrive etc, as IIRC it used some more modern save format.

Comment

Package got here from Japan today, nice boost to the start of the collection.

Couple of package fillers in there too that were only a couple of pounds each. The amiga talk on here recently made me want speedball 2, never played the MD version, it'll be interesting to see how it matches up. The bare knuckle trio and rocket knight are obviously the main purchases though!

Comment

Working...
                                X