Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I wait with bated breath.

Comment

I love the look of that Aero City. I always wanted one, they seem like the perfect size for older games. I can't see the appeal of playing 16 bit games on 29" screens inches from your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        I hate this thread, it just reminds me I should never have sold my cab.
        I also hate it, because it reminds me cabs are what I should have been putting money in rather than reams of console stuff I ended up never touching

Cabs are the purest game experience, man. Can't touch it

Comment

I think Jamie was seling a mint Neo Geo cab recently?

Edit: he's already sold it.
          Last edited by Zaki; 13-10-2015, 08:16.

Comment

Originally posted by usman View Post
            I also hate it, because it reminds me cabs are what I should have been putting money in rather than reams of console stuff I ended up never touching

Cabs are the purest game experience, man. Can't touch it
            It's never too late. I sold all my retro stuff for the same reason: shelf upon shelf of curios, collectors items and important/interesting games that I never played, half a dozen consoles, bundles of wires and a hulking great TV to play them all on. Sold it all and bought a Neo Geo cab and I haven't regretted it sonce.

I realised that, having played most of the narrative based retro games I'm actually interested in (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Link to the Past, etc.) I only actually put any time into fighters. The Neo Geo gives me all that in, as you say, it's purest form. I also don't have to worry about how good a conversion it is or how close it is to the arcade original.

Cabs aren't as prohibitively expensive as people often think, unless you're after one of the more sought after candy cabs. Go for it!

Comment

I'm with you 100% man. I realised I also never got into anything but short games like fighters and NiGHTS and the only 'longplay' games I ever got into and finished were Shenmue and Yazuza.

Once all this stuff is gone a cab it definitely is.

Comment

After years of collecting it was a genuine relief to be rid of it all. I'd spent ?1000s and really enjoyed it but it just felt like baggage after a while. Getting a cab streamlined it all and made me enjoy playing games rather than buying them.

What sort of cabinet and games do you think you'll get?

Comment

Loving the blast city's. .. my aero gets regular play

Comment

Working...
                  X