Megadrive/Genesis Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duddyroar
    Cos he just spent an entire paragraph praising the SNES!
    ahh, now i understand you... i meant that if he was spending so much time posting about the SNES and slagging off the MD, that he should start a SNES appreciation thread.

I thought it was clear enough but couldn't remember the <rolls eyes> icon!

Comment

I ordered a Quickshot Python (MD version) from Special Reserve many many moons ago, and lo and behold (the true heavyweight champion of the world (one for the WW fans )), I got an arcade power stick in a damaged box delivered. I was over the moon and loved it

Comment

Duddy - can't believe you posted earlier about "YES YES YES! Finally someone else who likes Shadow Dancer!"

I have been exhibiting teh 'Dancer love since I joined these forums - and I almost cried when I sold my copy recently. It is a great game, and features a dog who attacks people - a brilliant touch. I was right pissed off when gamesTM slagged it down in their retro section a while back.

That statement would be like me saying: "WOOOO! Nice to finally see someone who likes Golden Axe!" to you!!!!!

Comment

Revenge is the nuts. Shadow Dancer is like the freak child hidden away under the stairs.

Comment

Think i still have shadow dancer.Pretty good if i remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
              Let's not forget this baby:

Best arcade stick ever! I still have mine from the early 90's! When my friends came over to play Golden Axe there was the endless debate about who got to use the Arcade stick!
              Respect Sir, that indeed was the best gaming peripheral ever to be released. I bet it still gets the SNES fanboys fuming

I used to love playing sensible soccer on the megaCD with that baby. Also Thunderforce 4 and Robo Aleste were a dream with the stick, as was street fighter of course.

Comment

I am not denying that Revenge is awesome - it is - and Return of The Ninja Master a'int the worst either - but I think that the deformed freak kid locked in the cupboard status should only be bestowed upon the strange, yet playable Shinobi X. Shadow Dancer is more of a misunderstood teenager, who is a bit of a loose cannon, but with a bit of time and effort can be rewarding to work with ; )

Comment

Originally posted by sean
                  Duddy - can't believe you posted earlier about "YES YES YES! Finally someone else who likes Shadow Dancer!"
                  Ha! Sorry mate! I forgot you were the other Shadow Dancer fan on these boards...

Originally posted by Mu5
                  Respect Sir, that indeed was the best gaming peripheral ever to be released. I bet it still gets the SNES fanboys fuming
                  You bet! I recall being annoyed that I couldn't get a stick as good as that for my SNES...it really was the nuts, even the recent Dreamcast Arcade stick couldn't hold a candle to it. Mine still feels as repsonsive and solid as it did over a decade ago!

Originally posted by sean
                  Shadow Dancer is more of a misunderstood teenager, who is a bit of a loose cannon, but with a bit of time and effort can be rewarding to work with ; )
                  Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Mu5
                    I used to have respect for you mate. I used to think you posted sensible comments until you posted that nonesense!!!
                    To be fair that's his view, and I myslef did like the Snes more as a games machine . Sorry there was nothing that could touch the likes of Metroid, Mari IV (gamming perfection) or Castlevannia IV on the MD.

But its just plain silly to makeout and say the Snes outclassed the MD in every area. When it came to sports, shooters and scrolling beat them ups. The MD beat the Snes in to a cocked hat.
                    There is nothing that comes close to Streets Of Rage II on the Snes, nothing. In saying that , no machine has an answer to Streets Of Rage II, not even the Neo

Comment

You bet! I recall being annoyed that I couldn't get a stick as good as that for my SNES...it really was the nuts, even the recent Dreamcast Arcade stick couldn't hold a candle to it. Mine still feels as repsonsive and solid as it did over a decade ago!
                      I guess it helps it's built like a tank. You can feel the weight and built quality with the MD stick. Right up with the Neo?s .

Comment

The 6-button version is even better

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                          There is nothing that comes close to Streets Of Rage II on the Snes

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
                            The 6-button version is even better
                            Well said that man

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                              When it came to sports... The MD beat the Snes in to a cocked hat.
                              Fave 16 bit sports games for me equal one from each machine - the sublime EA Ice Hockey on the MD (juddery, juddery Snes version :/ ) & ISS on the Snes.

Nowt else touches those 2 as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Madden '92 good sir, fabulous game AND ambulances which ran over players.

Comment

Working...
                                X