No announcement yet.

New Neo / DC Title - Last Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do. Could be another month or so..they haven't asked for cash yet!

Price wise both take the piss though tbfh. But its more about support at this stage, as well as future titles. And hell, at least there are 40 less KoF 2001 in the world. Can only be a good thing

Edit And I do really like the cover art too. Captures the era well I feel. Hopefully they'll knock out a classic design too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
      Cool, post impressions when you eventually get it.

It seems 40-odd KOF 2001 carts have disappeared from the neostore's inventory, so I guess they're using that as the SAC cart for the "Premium" versions.

Normal version with used cartridge and shockbox seems to be taking the piss somewhat, even for this IMO.

Agreed, the premium version makes the normal one completely redundant, especially from a collectors point of view. If i had a couple of grand doing nowt i'd snap up a few and sit on them.

The cover art is very nice. 186 meg doesn't seem like much for a new Neo game even though it has no bearing on quality.
      Last edited by Mad Gear; 08-03-2006, 13:18.

Comment

that box art looks horrible, and i'm sorry but their taking the piss with that price, just because its a neo game they charge a stupid 599 euros, how does it warrant that price, are they going to charge that much for the neo cd, and DC versions? Please tell me why they are selling it at such a high price other than to take advantage of the stupid more money than sense neo owners there are out there.

Comment

Guess you won't be buying the NGH version then

As for the price. Well consider all the time and effort involved in creating the game (do you think they'll be getting a good hourly rate as a result?). Then consider the time and effort invloved in making the carts etc.
          Last edited by wheelaa; 08-03-2006, 13:59.

Comment

Well i assumed it was made by avid neo geo fans because as a business point of view it probably would have been better to perhaps make it a pc or dreamcast game.

Still if its a good game then good luck to them certainly looks decent

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
              The cover art is very nice. 186 meg doesn't seem like much for a new Neo game even though it has no bearing on quality.
              I think the cover art looks good too. 186 megs doesn't seem like much when you consider Pulstar & Blazing Star are both 300+ but I guess the fancy intros and rendered sprites in those consumed a fair chunk of that.

Zero intention of buying it here, but I'm still curious to see how good it'll actually be.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                Guess you won't be buying the NGH version then

As for the price. Well consider all the time and effort involved in creating the game (do you think they'll be getting a good hourly rate as a result?). Then consider the time and effort invloved in making the carts etc.
                still i'm not buying that. Do tiny developers like milestone charge hundreds for new games like radilgy and under defeat? sure cartridges will up the price but not by hundreds, the game is even a low meg count hardly expensive to produce compared to later neo games. In the end your paying out just because its a Neo Geo AES title and thats it, if they charged ?100 - ?200 than i'd say fine, but 459 euros's? and they can't even give you a proper case for the game, you have to pay an extra 140 euro's just to have a standard case is piss taking.

The game is stupidly over priced, although i'm in no doubt it will sell out thanks to the idiots on neo-geo.com, if you can afford multiple copies of metal slug than i suppose 599 euros is toilet paper to some there.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                  Do tiny developers like milestone charge hundreds for new games like radilgy and under defeat?
                  They do for the arcade versions

Comment

You can now pre-order the Dreamcast version at Play-asia

Comment

Now thats a much better price

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. Gotta be worth a look at ?20.

Does it come on a proper GD-ROM?

Comment

I'll definitely be buying this. EDGE said it was good, and they usually have an apathetic attitude towards shooters.

Comment

Pre ordered that. Played the Neo version and it is excellent, if very difficult.

Comment

Thanks for the link lurch996. You can never have too many shooters on the DC.

Comment

Just pre-ordered mine as well. Hope it comes in time for Christmas !

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X