No announcement yet.

Let's talk Snes games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the industrial? **** industry, that's what I say... they're around the edge of the map to stop pollution. Some of those 'C' doughnuts are 'I' with a bit more grass. The need for industry is always at a low so I don't care.

Comment

I used to spend hours with the SNES Simcity, I loved that game! I was rubbish at it though... the resident's problems could never be solved without rocketing house prices. And I ran out of money, seemingly whatever I did. The music is absolutely classic though!
      No other Simcity game I saw had the same amount of charm.

Only recently did I realise that this guy is named after Will Wright

Comment

I'm more into the Megadrive for it's long list of quality shooters, but I do play the snes on occasion. I'm trying to keep the games I've got to the bare essentials, the boxes take up way too much space. I used to buy only US stuff until I released the SFC stuff runs without a converter. So far I've got Rockman 7, Rockman & Forte, R-type 3, Super Aleste, Area 88 and Yoshi's Island. I'm thinking that'll do me.

Comment

There's like 5 games I regularly play on the Super NES. Starfox is a classic, right to this day. Then there's Super Metroid; a game I've completed at least ten times already. Utterly fantastic from start to finish (I'm playing it again now...). Super Mario Kart, with it's "hop into this corner and narrowly miss the wall" twitch-style racing game play is still a leader in its genre. Sim City for the charm it oozes (Bowser is teh Godzilla!) and Yoshi's Island for being the greatest platform game ever, when Super Mario World is lost down the back of the sofa

Maybe not the hardcore shmup love most Megadrive owners berate the system for but still, gamings greatest games all on one system

moonwhistle, get Contra III on the SNES man.
          Last edited by Commander Marklar; 11-08-2005, 14:44.

Comment

I still love my Super Famicom too, especially Sim City. I have 3 copies for some reason! Super Ghouls and Ghosts still gets played, as does Final Fight 2 (which even the girlfriend likes!) and I'm just starting out on Demon's Blazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
              I know all of these can be emulated or whatever, but it's not as satisfying as hearing the cart click into place
              It's not just that, but the Super Fami controller is one of the best designed ones out there. Ask any Super Mario Kart nut like me.

You want to get Super Famicom eclectic? alrighty then...

Batman Returns (Konami)
              - think Final Fight but in Gotham, plus the ability to pick up 2 enemies at once and bang their skulls together with a satisying crunch

Actraiser
              - sumptous Yuzo Koshiro score fused with an enjoyable Sim City-a-thon, the so-so platform levels let it down slightly

Gradius III (Konami)
              - marred by slowdown but core Gradia gameplay is there

Super Aleste
              - vertical scroller shmup that finally put to rest any slow-down issues with the machine

Contra Spirits (Konami)
              - 2-player horiz platformer with great bosses and weaponage. With some quality Japlish - 'Lets attack aggressively!'

Pocky & Rocky (Konami)
              - wacky Japanese styled top-down shmup

Super Bomberman 2 (Hudson)
              - multiplayer bombfest

Stunt Race FX (Nintendo)
              - don't let the slowdown put you off a very playable game. Stunt levels are compulsive.

Mickey Mouse (Capcom)
              - not quite as magical as Castle of Illusion on the Megadrive but very enjoyable

More mainstream fare but essential:
              Secret of Mana
              Chrono Trigger
              Final Fantasy III
              Yoshi's Island
              Super Metroid
              Starfox
              Last edited by imzu; 11-08-2005, 15:05.

Comment

Hehehe!

My eBay'd copy of Sim City just arrived. Boxed, instructions and in excellent condition. Even the delicate inner white cardboard is in good condition. Well woth ?5.

Guess I'll be overseeing the construction and development of a new GavTown tonight.

-weresheep

Comment

Working...
                X