• Time
  • Show
Clear All

championship pro am on the Megadrive

just an update of super sprint but with weapons

great game and i still play it on my PSP via emulation

Comment

Roadblasters - Arcade.
      One of the first ever games I played, when I was about 4. My dad used to hold me up on the cabinet so I could just steer and shoot stuff.

Chase HQ - Arcade.
      Same situation - I was young, dad used to do the shifting and I just steered. ^^

Continental Circus - Arcade
      Ditto.

Cisco Heat - Arcade
      It was a bit rubbish but I loved it anyway. Still do. ^^

Comment

Pitstop II (C64)

I remember this being awesome (like nearly all EPYX games)

Comment

Thrash Rally on the Neo geo and of course Neo Drift Out - both superb racers. I used to like Buggy Boy on the C64 too, Power Drift conversion was good too if I remember. Spectrum Chase HQ was an immense achievement, still hate the Spectrum though and always will.

Comment

I used to like the 2 player co-op in Jaguar XJ220, you could play a whole season on the same team, and employ team tactics, but i remember the team would share a budget so if you both knackered your cars, sometimes you would not have the money to repair both!! i have not found a game with this type of feature since, it was a great idea.

Comment

Vroom on the Atari ST was one of my favourites

http://www.atari.st/view.php?id=2154

Very well done in its day - give her a spin on an emulator you will be sure to enjoy
              Last edited by Mu5; 11-02-2006, 19:06.

Comment

Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix on the Amiga. Played that game to death.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                  We must have been separated at birth Every game you mentioned are my all time favourites too.

F-Zero is totally majestic.Then we come to WAVE RACE 64. From the intro to the end sequence, this game is pure perfection and more. When you have such perfect design, graphics and sound, you get a AAA game, but when you add in the extra magic this game oozes from every pixel, you must surely have one of the greateast titles ever produced. My favourite game of all time for sure!
                  I really couldn't agree more. Wave Race 64 is racing perfection, was disappointed with the Cube follow up big time. Now if only they'd port this to the DS. Imagine how beautiful this game would look on the small screen, water effects et al

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                    Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix on the Amiga. Played that game to death.
                    The PC version was superb The two player mode with one PC was the business
                    Last edited by Mu5; 11-02-2006, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants
                      I really couldn't agree more. Wave Race 64 is racing perfection, was disappointed with the Cube follow up big time. Now if only they'd port this to the DS. Imagine how beautiful this game would look on the small screen, water effects et al
                      The Cube version only makes you realise how amazing the N64 version is. Nintendo got some American outfit to create it, and it turned out bland in all areas. I remember Edge previewing the titles and commenting that it look's very pc-esque.

A DS version would be nice, but only if it's perfect. I really hope Nintendo create an in-house Rev version.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                        The Cube version only makes you realise how amazing the N64 version is.
                        That was one very special game - could not beleive the graphics/physics when it came out. Great memories Rev version? yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                          still hate the Spectrum though and always will.
                          My respect for you has now officially been revoked

Comment

When I was a kid, me and a mate managed to link-up our Amiga's, and have 2 player Stunt Car Racer Tournaments. The game is fun in 1-player, but 2-player was like a dream!

Definitely one of the best games ever!

Comment

Never been much of a racer fan myself. I can relate to playing Road Blasters as a kid though, and Stunt Car Racer is still one of the only games to have given me vertigo when falling over the edge Considering how it was really choppy and all flat-shaded it's surprisingly scary! Very weird...

As an aside to the 3D racers, who remembers Stunt Race FX on the SNES? That was one of the only racers I've ever, ever bought and although I haven't played it for years I have only good memories of it. Rose tinted glasses maybe, who knows?

Comment

Ah Stunt Car Racer... you should have seen the C64 version, even more of an impressive program than the Amiga one. Sure the graphics got lost a bit, but boy did it move quick and scary!
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X