Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CCC Thread (Complete Collection Collectors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
    I thought you had sealed collections
    Yeah,and?
    For the few fullsets i have factory sealed,what is the problem playing with he other opened copies?
    What is the problem too, to have factory sealed copies of games you finished 3 times back in the day? You have to finish them NOW a 4th time to prove something?

I thought you were smarter than that.

Comment

Christ mate, you get VERY defensive on this thread. Just remember that not everyone will understand your hobby. Each to their own and all that, its all good!

Comment

Adol is offensive anywhere, cutmymilk. Maybe he just doesn't understand English as well as he makes out. Like I say, it's one thing to be able to understand the words but another to understand the meaning.

Yakumo

Comment

Okay Okay, enough is enough.

I know this is the CCC Thread, however it really is turning into the Adol thread. And to be quite honest, im bored of it already!

The day the gold cart was posted in here, every single other Retro Gaming forum i view had the same picture and same description carefully pasted into a thread. I think i saw the picture at least 5 times...

This then lead me to find out one thing ive always wondered....
          Adol has always been quick to post what he has, but what posts are made in return? Any to help users querying certain games? Any to actually discuss gaming?
          I checked his posts here and every single one is in this thread or in someway related to his purchases.

This to some degree saddens me a little. With so much gaming knowledge/wealth, youd think that people could come to him asking about certain titles or such. Instead it looks like this forum is just being used as a display cabinet...

As i stated before, im all up for complete collections and seeing pictures of Adols collection. There has to be a cut off point where others can actually talk about their sets.
          Adols pictures are easily avaliable on the net, he makes them very public for all to see, so lets see some other peoples sets.

Jason posted a very nice set ive quoted below that just got lost in all this talk that seems to go round in circles on a daily basis. This is what im not happy with, lets give others some limelight!

I cant help but feel that there a few snidey comments here and there out to provoke a reaction from him.
          'I thought you had this...' or 'You say its complete, but wheres THIS'
          This is only going to fuel the fire even more.

And Adol, if youre going to post pictures in here, youre going to have to expect reactions both good and bad. But if youre going to misread neutral comments due to english not being your first language and then follow them up with an attack, its only going to cause more problems.

Now i know im no mod, but seriously, can we move on?
          No offence Adol, youre pictures are fantastic and all, but with all due respect please can you let some other collections come into discussion?

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Never posted a pic in here of this, it's my only complete collection i own. I love this little gadget, it may have only had 10 games released for it but they are quite fun for what they are (apart from pinball thats crap LOL)
          Meh! The Japanese got so many more releases for this than the UK!
          Looks awesome! Which is the hardest game to get for it?

Comment

Pokemon Tetris isn't easy to get - but it's worth hunting down.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Adol is offensive anywhere, cutmymilk. Maybe he just doesn't understand English as well as he makes out. Like I say, it's one thing to be able to understand the words but another to understand the meaning.

Yakumo
              You're very offensive as well,and are very known for such behaviour in other forums. Many french people told me already.
              Defending your point isn't being offensive.Otherwise defending yours would be as offensive as me defending mine.

Cauterize:I do help A LOT of collectors acquiring what they want. A LOT.
              They just ask me this privately,not in a public forum thread. This is not because you don't see it, that it isn't being done. Simple as that.

I post pictures,and there are reactions.
              I don't see why other people can react, and i couldn't.
              That's what is called "right of answering".Basic right.
              Why other people reactions would be considered normal,and mine offensive? Why not the opposite?
              I could consider someone saying "having so many games is pointless" in a thread named, i quote: "The Complete Collection Collectors" being quite inappropriate..don't you think? Not to me, but to this thread itself.
              Answering to THIS is an attack? Come on! Don't switch places here.

Feel free to post any pictures you want,i'd be glad to take a look at them
              Last edited by Adol; 20-09-2008, 10:10.

Comment

I tend to get the feeling that 'certain' people come on here to post up their collections for the attention it generates, ive never understood why you'd want to show off stuff like this especially when anyone with money to burn too much time on their hands could do exactly the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                  especially when anyone with money to burn too much time on their hands could do exactly the same thing...
                  I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Adol View Post
                    You're very offensive as well,and are very known for such behaviour in other forums. Many french people told me already.
                    Defending your point isn't being offensive.Otherwise defending yours would be as offensive as me defending mine.

Cauterize:I do help A LOT of collectors acquiring what they want. A LOT.
                    They just ask me this privately,not in a public forum thread. This is not because you don't see it, that it isn't being done. Simple as that.

I post pictures,and there are reactions.
                    I don't see why other people can react, and i couldn't.
                    That's what is called "right of answering".Basic right.
                    Why other people reactions would be considered normal,and mine offensive? Why not the opposite?
                    I could consider someone saying "having so many games is pointless" in a thread named, i quote: "The Complete Collection Collectors" being quite inappropriate..don't you think? Not to me, but to this thread itself.
                    Answering to THIS is an attack? Come on! Don't switch places here.

Feel free to post any pictures you want,i'd be glad to take a look at them

I dont know whether something is being lost in your translation but at the end of the day mate i think that everyone on here will agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, there's no need to take it so personally and basically be quite tetchy and confrontational with absolutly every comment that comes your way, even a simple question "i thought you had sealed collection" was met with a confrontational attitude.

If you're taking things the wrong way due to language problems then fair enough but if you're just going to be rude when anyone even dares to question you then perhaps you should find another forum to post on?

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                      Meh! The Japanese got so many more releases for this than the UK!
                      Looks awesome! Which is the hardest game to get for it?
                      It's a shame nintendo didnt make the effort to release the full set in all countries as it might have done a little better.

The hardest game to get was the one in the middle on the bottom row (Togepi's big adventure)

Forget radiant silvergun, forget tamoru, forget rendering ranger, this tiny little game outstrips them all for rarity.

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                      Pokemon Tetris isn't easy to get - but it's worth hunting down.
                      This man speaks the truth it's an awesome version of tetris.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Forget radiant silvergun, forget tamoru, forget rendering ranger, this tiny little game outstrips them all for rarity.
                        What's tamoru?

Comment

What's tamoru?
                          Importaku means Shinrei Jusaishi Taroumaru.

Yakumo (the rude, apparently)

Comment

I love complete sets - did anyone ever find a pic of the complete 32X set that wheelaa had?

Zag

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182 View Post
                              I love complete sets - did anyone ever find a pic of the complete 32X set that wheelaa had?

Zag
                              I dont think ive seen wheelaa's full set - its an almost complete sealed set - including SEALED DARXIDE, TMEK etc! In the world of collecting he is a LEGEEEEEEEEEEEEND!

Comment

Yeah,and?
                                For the few fullsets i have factory sealed,what is the problem playing with he other opened copies?
                                What is the problem too, to have factory sealed copies of games you finished 3 times back in the day? You have to finish them NOW a 4th time to prove something?

I thought you were smarter than that.
                                Nothing at all. I just saw a sort of discrepancy between "I play the games I buy" and "Are you going for a factory sealed collection like me?". Wondered if you opened your sealed games, that's all. I've already defended your collecting against what I saw as a detractor so don't play the picking-on-me card too readily.

Comment

Working...
                                X