Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMFG - Arcade opening soon in Saarfhaampton!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOME NEWS!!

The arcade is going to be semi-open for business on Saturday (this Saturday!!).

There are still things that need doing and cabs to be added/repaired, but as it stands we have the following ready to play:

Street Fighter Zero 3
    Metal Slug
    Soul Edge
    Radiant Silvergun
    Sega Star Wars
    Sega Rally (repaired - yaay!)
    Gauntlet Legends
    X-Men (Konami)
    NBA Jam (4 player!)
    Point Blank
    House of The Dead
    Crisis Zone
    Space Invaders 90 (think that is the one - with the cow mini game)
    Decathlete

There are several more things to come, waiting for an I/O converter for the Naomi stuff, and there are a few more cabs on their way. There is a lack of Neo stuff due to the psu being knackered on the Neo cab and we need to wait for a part to arrive from Italy. We still need to get a D+D Shadow Over Mystara board Phoenixed as well, and probably buy a couple more cabs. Some machines will be overhauled and have replacement sticks and buttons when we get the time and someone to come in and help.

Stuff we definately have but non-operational/not in a cab/arcade yet:
    Aliens Vs Predator
    D+D Shadow Over Mystara
    Blazing Star, plus a ****load of other Neo carts inc Windjammers, KOFs, Slugs, etc
    Mercs
    Strider
    Border Down
    Guilty Gear XX
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    a flight simulator

As well as the machines there are a couple of nice pool tables, a PS2 (will be replaced by a Wii) a couple of ?5 jackpot fruities, a cheap internet cafe where you can play all those wank-tastic MMMMMRROORRPGs or whatever the Dickens they are called, and soft drinks/refreshments available.

It isn't spectacular yet, but it is early days and give it a few months it should be spot on. The machines are all cheap as chips too, with nothing costing any more than fifty of the Queen's pence. In fact, many of them are just ten or twenty pee.

So I urge anyone who fancies it to pop in, have a look, ask to speak to the proprietor Rich and give him some tips and advice, and have a go on some of the games.

Hopefully given time this can be a quality little place and will almost certainly hold a future NTSC-Uk meet.

Please post on here or PM a brother for more details including the address and stuff!

Comment

Awesome! I'll be there hogging the SFZ3 machine ^_^

So uhh...where is it?

Diablo

Comment

Sounds really good, although i can't make it down tomorrow due to a works bbq. Is it open sunday, if so send me the details and i'll pop down.

Comment

Big up to seany and co in getting this place up and running.. Fecking great, shame I live so bleedin far away.

Comment

it is in NEW ROAD in Saaarfhaaampton. It is an internet cafe on the outside, easy to spot as New Road itself a'int that long.

I am not going to be around there much due to being incredibly busy all the time with other stuff, but if anyone wants to come down then just do it, PM me if you want to meet up or summat.

Comment

Awesome news, that's a top notch lineup Not sure when I can make it due to plans this weekend and possibly next, but if any meets are in the works I'm most definitely interested!

Comment

Awesome, we'll look out for the internet cafe on new road and im sure we can find it.

I'll come down with a couple of freinds and have a good look round

Comment

Don't get your hopes up. It is pretty bog standard at the moment - but plans are afoot to improve it with time. I can recommend having a few beers then playing Decathlete though - it is the tits!

Comment

Is there a change machine there?

Bog standard beats nothing by the way :P its not like arcades are in abundace round here lol. Well, ones with decent games anyway.

Comment

No change machine but the cafe has a till and I am sure that hasn't been overlooked....will check tho!!

Originally posted by Diablobasher
                      Is there a change machine there?

Bog standard beats nothing by the way :P its not like arcades are in abundace round here lol. Well, ones with decent games anyway.

Comment

Decathelete!

Sega Rally!

I'll be there in the next few weeks!

Comment

Ah what time does it close?

Comment

Get Strider in a ****ing cab and I'll come down and cover it in Retro Gamer...

Comment

Yes, boss!

Originally posted by Strider
                              Get Strider in a ****ing cab and I'll come down and cover it in Retro Gamer...

Comment

Might I suggest a Taito F3 setup.

Bubble Symphony / Memories and Puzzle Bobble carts are all good fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X