Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMFG - Arcade opening soon in Saarfhaampton!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all those asking for pics - I can't do that at the moment, because I left my digital camera over my in laws on sunday, won't get it back til this sunday - will take some pics then.

So - anyone up for sunday? Would be nice to see some of of you.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
      Am thinking of going on Sunday night, for some gaming and then a few beers. Anyone fancy coming down? Can put up on or two of you at my gaff. I know it is sunday but that is as good a day as any. Perhaps have a bit of a games sesh at mine after?

PM if anyone is up for it!
      Sounds top notch, I'm up for some of that

Will have to be at work at 9 (in Bournemouth) on Monday tho, so may have to cut the night a bit short and get the last train back or something. Either that or get the first train back and shower/change at work... hmm *ponder*

Whatever the case though, colour me interested. I'll take a camera too, for all of those foaming at the mouth

Comment

I'll have to make a weekend trip up sometime.

Comment

Fuse - can pick you up on my way back (dropping wife and kids to Poole in the morning) to Saarfhampton if you are up for it. Can also grab any other Bournemouth or Poole based bods

Originally posted by fuse
          Sounds top notch, I'm up for some of that

Will have to be at work at 9 (in Bournemouth) on Monday tho, so may have to cut the night a bit short and get the last train back or something. Either that or get the first train back and shower/change at work... hmm *ponder*

Whatever the case though, colour me interested. I'll take a camera too, for all of those foaming at the mouth

Comment

Sounds ideal chief, saves me getting a train which is always a plus I'll drop you a PM with my number, let me know when/where you want me to be and I'll fanny around and sort my plans out from there.

Comment

Right - fuse has been PM'd - let's see if we can get any further interest. COME ON!!
              Drinks and games - let's do it folks. I knows it is Sunday, but who cares?

Comment

I'm up for it after work (be travelling up with Sega Kid)

I'll take some pics for everyone

Comment

I would love to come but I am going to see the folks in Wales tomorrow and will be away for a week or so. Have another one in a couple of weeks and I'll be there. I can bring beer, if your drinking that is.

Comment

I'd come (I live in Bournemouth and go to uni at the Institute so I should be able to go there a lot next year) but I'm off to Australia tomorrow so I really doubt I'd be able to make it

I'll definitely be checking it out when I'm back, though.

Comment

well, went down there today, so heres my impressions!

we walked right past the place at first, it wasnt until we turned round that we spotted a TMNT cab in the window!
                      walked through the cafe and up the stairs to the arcade, and it was almost like i was being transported back about 15 yrs, to a games room from some holiday camp i used to go to with my parents

its a lovely little darkened room, with the cabs all around the outer wall and 2 pool tables in the middle.

so, first up i treated the gf to a 2 layer sega rally, played great, but wow i was a little rusty! one thing we noticed though was that the accelerator pedal wouldnt select the car or course, so we had to sit and wait for the timer to run out! still, at 50p a play whos complaining?

next up was Decathlete (aka athlete kings!) one of my faves from the sega saturn, and at only 20p a play this is were i spent most of my visit! had some good scores, but couldnt top anybody on the records (yet!)

the gf wondered off and decided to try her hand on house of the dead, a few credits later and i joined her, still such a great shooter, probably more so than most of its sequels!

i took a few fuzzy pics with my phone but to be honest i was more interested in playing the games! ....

Comment

oh yeah, forgot to mention- i'll deffo be up for a meet up this sunday evening! will come down with haribo, working next day, so will drive down and back.

are you gonna sort a time seany?

Comment

That looks really cool. Unfortunatly i can't make Sunday as i'm away for the weekend but i will go down there at some point soon.

Comment

Such an unflattering picture of the back of my head

Dont know when i can make it down again though, got a busy 2 weeks ahead now, although when i can make it down, im always up for a few rounds of SFZ3 or point blank ^_^ point blanks funny :P

Diablo

Comment

Originally posted by Diablobasher
                              Such an unflattering picture of the back of my head

Dont know when i can make it down again though, got a busy 2 weeks ahead now, although when i can make it down, im always up for a few rounds of SFZ3 or point blank ^_^ point blanks funny :P

Diablo
                              heh! you know, i did wonder if that was you playing streetfighter, after i read the post the other day...
                              next time, now that i know who you are, i will say hi!

Comment

Hmm - time wise on Sunday, I reckon about 4? And Fuse - you have PM!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X