Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which game for 16th December? [Decided now thanks].

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which game for 16th December? [Decided now thanks].

Decemeber..... If November hasn't finished us off with a deluge of new formats and games, December is traditionally worse with the hectic Christmas release rush.

So let's steer the choices towards pick-up-and-play, so we can jump in for 20 mins here and there.

I recommend:
    Burnout - actually my fave of all the Burnout series, the original was tougher, more intense and concentrated on racing rather than crashing. The only area it fell down on was lack of online play, which was great in 3 and 4. Available on lots of formats.

Other ideas:
    Alien Hominid - tough as nails scrolling run and gun. Available on lots of formats including the GBA! Superb mini-games too.

What are your suggestions?
    Last edited by charlesr; 02-11-2006, 09:16.

It will be near Christmas Period and there is something about Diddy Kong Racing that reminds me of Christmas, great game too. I think it is a classic and i recommend that.

Can't believe you went for prince of persia, terribly overrated game.

Comment

Would like to play one of the Burnouts, I've never really "got" racing games but I had a bash on Revenge round a mate's house and thought it was pretty cool. I thought Alien Hominid was awful, and I usually like scrolling shooters.

Comment

PN03 - One of the most misunderstood games this gen

Viewtiful Joe - In light of the recent news about Clover Studio it would be nice to review where the affair began

Comment

Wipeout 2097 or Wipeout 3: Special Edition.

Comment

Pick up and play you say? What about a fighter. I believe you lot are rather fond of Virtua fighter 4, I've never seen the appeal TPFH. I'd be willing to try and get good at a fighting game.*

*Never gonna happen.

Comment

I'm gonna go with Freedom Fighters and Second Sight again.

Both multi-format and cheap as chips and easily gotten hold of.

Both excellent games that may have been overlooked by many. Both quite unique in the way they play: FF with it's excellent squad based 3rd person combat and tongue in cheek story. SS with it's cracking physics and puzzles and genuinely intriguing tale told in flashbacks and the present time.

Either of these would make an ideal candidate.

Comment

mario64 gets my vote

Comment

Ridge Racer V!

Hardest setting, on the hardest and longest course (not airport oval one) and crank up Samurai Rocket! FFFFfffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.................. ..

hey hey hey!

Comment

Strangers Wrath.

Comment

Freedom Fighters and Second Sight and Strangers Wrath are hardly pick-up-and-play.
                      Mario64 might count because it's levels are pretty quick but plentiful, but if you don't sit down and get really into it, you forget what you are meant to be doing.

Racers, fighters, shooters, puzzlers (tetris etc) and other similar arcadey games are what we are looking for here peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                        Freedom Fighters and Second Sight and Strangers Wrath are hardly pick-up-and-play.
                        No, that may be true but I just picked up Freedom Fighters (in case that was November's game for 3.29 from Ebay sealed!)

So if you ever choose it, I'm ready to rock!

Comment

Should be something multiplatform so everyone can get hold of it (otherwise I'd suggest something like donkey konga or parappa). Wouldn't mind Burnout as I have terrible trouble getting into today's racing games and that must be available in every shop for 1p

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock
                            No, that may be true but I just picked up Freedom Fighters (in case that was November's game for 3.29 from Ebay sealed!)

So if you ever choose it, I'm ready to rock!
                            Bless........... gunrock youpicked up a game on a whim? Arrr............ now thats dedication!

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                              Ridge Racer V!

Hardest setting, on the hardest and longest course (not airport oval one) and crank up Samurai Rocket! FFFFfffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.................. ..

hey hey hey!

Turbo Beetle - gotta love that pocket rocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X