Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which game for 16th December? [Decided now thanks].

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shenmue on dreamcast brings back those winter christmas's for me, the great story, the snow the weird looking santas, and the strange street girls , i complete it every year at xmas,

ps avoid those sailors

other games i love to play are mario kart on snes,n64,cube,ds . mario party is also great.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
      Decemeber..... If November hasn't finished us off with a deluge of new formats and games, December is traditionally worse with the hectic Christmas release rush.

So let's steer the choices towards pick-up-and-play, so we can jump in for 20 mins here and there.
      Pick up & play for 20 mins hmmm, December here so need something to remind us of sunny days, beaches, babes...

Dead or Alive Beach Volley

Comment

F-Zero GX - I know there must be a fair number of members who have packed away their Gamecubes, but if there is one game worth bringing out the Gamecube for, it's this one!

Comment

some great suggestions so far, but i'm liking the idea of crazy taxi or panzer dragoon orta most.

i'd just like to see what will happen if a game like those are nominated. theres no real storys, so will people actually discuss tactics and how to play better, or will the thread just be a barren wasteland?
          it'll be interesting to see as an experiment

Comment

Okay. I've gone through this thread and there are some superb suggestions.
            Burnout got the most votes, closely followed by Panzer Dragoon Orta.
            So what I suggest is we choose both of these.

Burnout for 16th Dec to 16th Jan
            Panzer Dragoon Orta 16th Jan to 16th Feb

Blimey isn't time flying!

I'll make a sticky for what games will be when.

Comment

Just out of interest, here's the list of what people suggested (ish. I think I may have missed off a couple of N64 votes).

GAME VOTES
              burnout 8
              PDOrta 5
              crazy taxi 3
              gradiusV 3
              rez 3
              mario64 2
              starfox64 2
              Virtua fighter 4evo 2
              1080 ava 1
              alien hominid 1
              amplitude 1
              blast corps 1
              burnout2 1
              diddy kong racing 1
              DOAXBV 1
              kung fu chaos 1
              Luigis mansion 1
              metal slug 3 1
              metroid zero mission 1
              onimusha 1
              p.n.03 1
              quantum redshift 1
              rrV 1
              shox 1
              super puzzle fighter 1
              viewtiful joe 1
              wave race bs 1
              wipeout 2097 1
              wipeout 3 se 1

Comment

Gradius V - it'd take me about 5 hrs to get back into that full swing. Stage 6 on loop2 is dirt, practice that and you don't need to practice any other part of the game.

...or NiGHTS. The lack of attention that game gets is sickening. Call yourselves gamers? ***** more like.

Burnout? Come off it! It's been played and recycled to death... plus Revenge completely blows it away now.

We might as well replay SMB1 while we're at it.
                Last edited by dataDave; 22-11-2006, 10:22.

Comment

This thread's been here for 20 days.

Comment

I didn't think it was a brand new thread. I've mentioned NiGHTS more than just now though.

Comment

Just a quick note on Burnout as this has now been decided. Everyone should be aware that there are some gameplay differences between the versions.

The PS2 was the original and so arguably is the true point of 'where it all began'. However, it is also very hard on the player in terms of collisions. Even the slightest scrape against another car will result in a crash. Those who have been weened on the later Burnout games might be in for a bit of a shock.

This was tuned down very slightly for the GC and XBox versions which makes those games slightly easier, but also arguably more fun. Also I have heard (but haven't checked) that the traffic density in the GC and XBox versions is slightly higher.

Also the GC version uses the A button as the accelerator and I don't think you can change this to the R button. The XBox version is the only one with analogue acceleration on the right trigger.

Comment

Yep - me and my mates played through all the Burnouts apart from the titteh-fest that was 3.

I'd never play Burnout 1 again as a single-player title. Not when the vs. mode is so heart-stoppingly fantastic.

I may have come across as making out Burnout is dated and trash, which it isn't, but I can think of better single-player experiences if that's what we're doing with these threads. But hey, the forum doesn't revolve around me, as much as I'd like it to.

Comment

Due to all the quality stuff coming out at the moment I think the aim was to choose a game that could be picked up and put down easily, something to get into between the Gears, Wii, PS3, etc...

I know I wont have time though...

Comment

Just a thought - what about doing something like Beneath A Steek Sky?

It's a free download from ScummVM's site: http://www.scummvm.org/
                            ScummVM's been ported to nearly every machine going, so that'll include everyone on the forum.

Plus, it's a great game.

Sure, it's primarily a PC game, and over a decade old.
                            Am I straying too far from the remit with this? Has anyone made any suggestions in this area? Are we trying to avoid genuinely retro stuff?
                            *eyebrow*

Comment

We are trying to keep it to DC and later at the moment, but not ruling out earlier stuff, so if enough people like a suggestion, then that's what will be the decider. If you can drum up enough support for your suggestion so that a few people will definitely play it, then that's all that matters.

Comment

I'm going for some Nintendo 64 classics:

Diddy Kong Racing - A mate of mine comes round every eve-of-Christmas-Eve and we must complete a games challenge - his is Goldeneye on 00 Agent in a night or 70 stars on Mario 64, and mine is to do one of the adventures in one sitting. I have Adventure 1 beat fully in about 2 and a half hours.

San Francisco Rush - Amazingly fun game and the sheer scope of the (mostly) free roaming tracks was outstanding back in the day. Always guaranteed to get a smile when it's put on.

Pilotwings - One of the games that made me speechless whilst playing (Super Mario 64, Shenmue, Flashback on the Mega Drive and the 2nd level of Halo were some of the others) IMO, nothing rivals this game in terms of the freedom that it allows and if Wii Sports of Wario Ware : Smooth Moves showcases what the Wii is about, then this is what the N64 was all about.

Jet Force Gemini - Like smoking weed whilst coming down off LSD. If not for the blood alone.

Also, IMO, Burnout 2 > Burnout.

Comment

Working...
                                X