• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Nice vid^^
    And the cover art is just beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC View Post
      Parasol Stars-If it`s anything like the PCB/PCE version then...
      It's not unfortunately. It tries, but it's not quite there.
      Bomb Jack.
      Same for this really. It's fun and all but the mechanics aren't exactly right - they've made Jack too big so you can't flit about as easily as in the arcade original. Far from crap thoough, it just plays a different game.

Jay

Comment

I'm sure it got a release as Paltena's Mirror. Been looking for it for an age so if you manage to find more than one copy....
        according to the wife and Shou and the internet, it didn't - i thought it might have as well, but alas no. Only the GBA release of the NES version.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryo Saeba View Post
          Nice vid^^
          And the cover art is just beautiful.
          Indeed its one of my faves too (^_^)

In fact i dont think theres ever been a hideous jpn nintendo goemon box, they all seem to have lush artwork.

Comment

Double Dragon-A fantastic game of Double Dragon. The music is spot on and it gets well hard later on. As good as anyone could expect.

Motocross Maniacs-My favourite GB game ever. The End. Genius and gagging for a Wii update killing Line Rider in the process if it took advantage of track making features that is.

Super Mario Land-Fantastic.

Super Mario Land 2-Looks ****e so not played yet.

Choplifter 2-I can`t find 3 in Japan so I assume this is the best one. Good game.

Qix-Very basic. Prefer Volified though. Nice in a Vectrex way now however.

Prince of Persia-Incredible conversion. Stunning stuff for the machine.

Contra-Very good version, no problems.

Metroid 2-Not played yet. Not really interested.

Dracula Kid-Slow paced cute platformer that pisses on the FC version that I also own.

Hammer`in Harry-Careful-there are many HH games available. This one is akin to the PCB and SFC versions. Well worth hunting.

Parodius-I would of called it Parodius SD SD GB as it looks even cuter in a way. Handles things very well considering.

Ninja Gaiden GB-Spot on. Very slick.

Donkey Kong `94-Got stuck back in the day and never dared since.

Kirby`s Dreamland-Solid. Best GB version.

Tetris.

Quarth-Well worth getting.

Castlevania-This first pt. is the best.

GB Kid-This first pt. is the best. Plays a nice game of the PCE classic.

Alleyway.

Makaimura Gaiden-Starts off as a very enjoyable, challenging platformer but then turns into a RPG bore for some strange reason. Avoid.

Batman-Utterly amazing platformer. Even better than SML.

Zelda DX (US)-Not played through again in DX.

Bionic Commando (US)-Saving for a rainy day. Got stuck in the Jap version through lack of English.

These are HIDDEN GEMS? I'm quite certain most have heard of these if not played them to death already. Welcome to 15 years ago? Clearly, not Day 1 here

I'll have to say the best way to go about playing them is on the SGB2 + SFC in RGB. Some of the SGB titles use the SFC's sound processor for obvious enhanced results and no blurring.

Examples of GB RGB:

Batman: Return of the Joker - totally original, not the same as the FC/MD title, Dynamite Batman

Battle Unit Zeoth - Jaleco's horizontal mech shooter

Dragon Slayer Gaiden - sidestory to that Falcom game, totally original GB ARPG with relatively high production values

Fortress of Anger 1-2 - Jaleco's overhead action maze Rambo game series

Makaimura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness - rearranged Famicom version

ONI I-V - GB's longest running RPG series, III in particular is great

Tenjin Kaisen - aka Mercernary Force, forced scrolling shooter set in medieval Japan with configurable units

Vanishing Racer

X - Nintendo's own 3D wireframe shooter, well ahead of its time, no relation to the manga

ZAS - for GB, incredible original shooter
            Last edited by Shou; 22-01-2007, 02:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Shou View Post

Tenjin Kaisen - aka Mercernary Force, forced scrolling shooter set in medieval Japan with configurable units
              Excellent. I asked what the Japanese version of Mercenary Force was called on the Ask the Forum forum a few months ago. Nobody answered. Thanks - I have been wondering about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baggie View Post
                Excellent. I asked what the Japanese version of Mercenary Force was called on the Ask the Forum forum a few months ago. Nobody answered. Thanks - I have been wondering about that.
                Don't mix it up with the sequel which is an RPG.

Comment

Much obliged Shou

Comment

Great entries thanks Shou. Have have you played Super Chinese Fighter GB, Super Chinese Land 1, Super Chinese Land 2 and Super Chinese Land 3? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Chin's Gourmet Paradise (U.S. B&W GB).

Has anyone played Tumble Pop? I keep seeing it about. Someone told me once that it wasn`t a SSP as the PCB but a scroller?
                    Last edited by JAPJAC; 22-01-2007, 04:35.

Comment

Great entries thanks Shou. That reminds me, have you played Super Chinese Fighter GB, Super Chinese Land 1, Super Chinese Land 2 and Super Chinese Land 3? Thanks in advance.
                      *sigh* can we keep these very thinly disguised and very inaccurate childish racial jibes off board, please?

Comment

Great entries thanks Shou. Have have you played Super Chinese Fighter GB, Super Chinese Land 1, Super Chinese Land 2 and Super Chinese Land 3? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Chin's Gourmet Paradise (U.S. B&W GB).

Has anyone played Tumble Pop? I keep seeing it about. Someone told me once that it wasn`t a SSP as the PCB but a scroller?
                        It would really help you if I was actually Chinese but I'm not.

Comment

I don`t understand. Thanks anyway. Anyone else?

Balloon Fight GB (Jap GBC).

Comment

I don`t understand. Thanks anyway.
                            That's an understatement. Learn that.

Comment

Not sure if it counts, but (as used extensively by 6955 project ('gameboy Jason') the Gameboy Pocket Camera has a DJ Mode 'game' (hidden) which acts as a fairly limited step sequencer.

I guess i should dig through my GB collection at some point before i chuck them out.

Also - is anyone interested in WSC/NGP monochrome 'gems' or are we concentrating on GB (and not GBC)?
                              Last edited by DCharlie; 22-01-2007, 06:07.

Comment

I'd be interested in GBC stuff and i'm pretty sure that Adam would love some Wonderswan recommendations (sold all my Wonderswans last year )

Comment

Working...
                                X