No announcement yet.

Gradius V - Discussion [16th Feb - end of March]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance we can let this run for another month or so, Charles?

Comment

I think we can let it run till the end of the month since we've missed a week and a half. It will make it easier to figure out when we are starting new games too if we just start on the 1st of each month.

Comment

Cool. Even if you were to let these threads run forever, though, I doubt frequent updates would be in order.

Comment

What's the best tactic for the square thing with the 4 flailing tentacles on level 3? The tentacles protect the core for a lot of the time, so is it just a case of being patient, or is there something I'm missing? When it starts firing out the arrow shaped salvos of lasers at an angle it's quite annoying.

Comment

The "spider" boss at the end of stage 3?

Completely ignore shooting the core and just concentrate on taking out the small turrets and ducking behind the square pillars to avoid the huge laser blast. Once it's attacked 3 times with the laser, then you move "inside" the legs on the left and let rip at the core.

Comment

I'll be reaching that soon no doubt, but no, it's a mid-stage boss.

Comment

Do you mean Tetran, the 2nd boss in the level 2 rush? When his 4 tentacles are swirling around quite slowly, you can take out all of the shields if you're aggressive. When he moves to the far right and starts firing a lot of lasers at you, try to line up all your options with his core. The lasers themselves should be pretty easy to dodge if you stay near the center.

Comment

Oh maybe. I get a bit confused about where I am in the game sometimes. lol.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Lets roll! - It is so bizarre you already used that Klatrymadon because it was the first thing I thought to write for this post after playing the game and I hadnt seen your post yet! Anyway...

Got this a while back due to the connection to Treasure (who I love) but only played it a couple of times and its been hidden away.

Got it out for a blast today and it is really nice, really like the 2nd level music - very Radiant Silvergun (which I would mention in any review of a shooter )

Very annoying the way one death sets you back so much though, your speed and lack of laser are such a hinderance

Bosses are great so far, only got up to the spider going down the screen dropping blocks on me so far but will keep at it.

Type 2 player all the way btw, I love being able to sit there and swing the lasers around to take out all minor enemies while still being able to crush those cores

Just wish Id been around for the Orta relay, Ill have to chuck that in the ole 'box sometime next week.

Comment

Welcome. Also, please post your thoughts once you've played Orta again.

Comment

Howdy! Don't worry too much about recovering after a death, mate - you'll get the hang of it soon enough. In many of the older Gradius games you're simply left at a checkpoint completely naked, so we have it easy these days!

Comment

Woot, I cracked and I've finally got this coming any day now. Never played it before. I'll be sad to put R-Type Final back on the shelf tho. I been practiscing a little on Gradius Portable.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Klatrymadon View Post
                            Howdy! Don't worry too much about recovering after a death, mate - you'll get the hang of it soon enough. In many of the older Gradius games you're simply left at a checkpoint completely naked, so we have it easy these days!
                            Tell me about it! Gradius Galaxies GBA - I'm looking at you. At least in GradiusV you can grab a few options if you are quick (and don't die at the left hand edge of the screen).

Comment

I just picked this up to take advantage of the half-price Virtual Console points offer in Game. It was on my wants list anyway but I'd never come across a copy before now, so I'm pretty chuffed! bit late to the party perhaps but I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X