Shinobi - PC Engine vs Master System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey let's keep it friendly here guys!

I'm just glad someone has a kind word to say about Shadow Dancer. It remains one of my fave Megadrive games. There's just something about it that is timeless, I think Super Shinobi has aged ever so slightly over the past decade or so, but Shadow Dancer still looks and sounds like a 'modern' game, if you get my meaning. Which you probably don't.

I prefer the MD version of Shadow Dancer to the arcade original.

Comment

Oooooh, I have to leave it to Team Andromeda to convey what I feel about SS too. A I said earlier 'utter brilliance' and this from another SMW fanatic.

When I got my MD in 1989 or whatever, Golden Axe was good, Super Hang On too but when I first saw SS it was quite incredible. The music in the Disco, the huge variety of levels, big graphics. One of the very few games to rival the far superior range on the SNES. Not aged one bit in my book!

And as I say IMHO the music remains one of the all time classic scores of any 16 bit game.

Comment

Actually i'm another who always prefered Shadow Dancer to Super Shinobi. There was too much platformy stuff in Super Shinobi, you know where you have to be the exact right pixel on the platform before you jump so you can make the big gap, i hate stuff like that. Shadow Dancer was more like the original ie faster paced with a good mixture of platforming and killing things.

Comment

I prefer the hardcore one-hit-and-you're-dead game mechanic in the PCE version to the MS version's sappy energy bar.

Comment

I'm loving this thread

Super Shinobi Rulez!

Comment

Sheeit, the PCE version looks class! Pity about the lack of closeup moves/bullet powerup though (and the bonus stage, though I never thought it that integral.) :

I longed for this game back in the day but my PCE PAL modulator bust.

Comment

Working...
              X