Japanese Megadrive Collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic bags?

What happens when you wanna, you know, play em?

Comment

They're resealable bags, so you just remove the game.

Comment

Anyone able to link me to a good, cheap ebay seller who does those plastic sleeves for Jp DC/PS1 games etc? I've never been able to find a seller who doesn't charge ridiculous postage for them Ones that fit super Famicom games would be great too

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
          The other games arrived today, here it all is in it's glory. ^_^

Alphabetical order too?... Did someone say 'nerd'

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
            Plastic bags?

What happens when you wanna, you know, play em?
            You could keep all your cartridges in shoe boxes like i do.

Not every game i own would be worthy of putting in bags only the real 10/10ers.

Comment

If they would of released a System 16 type home system with some Super Sprite Scaler tech., then I am sure it would of been a different story.
              hooooooooooooooooold on - i must have missed this - people believe the reason the Megadrive didn`t do better in Japan is a lack of hardware support for rotate and scale?!? ... what?!

Wasn`t it simply more of a case that the NES was utterly massive and every knew the follow up was coming out ?

I`m sure price and software library are also up there as reasons well before we get to the Japanese gaming public not buying because of no equivalent hardware support for "mode 7" which, frankly, i don`t think the japanese cared about... or have EVER cared about.

Power of hardware isn`t a deciding factor for the Japanese it would appear - i think the Wii and DS are sure fire signs of that.

[edit] Ah, didn`t see who posted it - disregard my post in that case.
              Last edited by DCharlie; 31-08-2007, 03:41.

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC View Post
                Along with the NG HES, the Jap Megadrive is one of the most easiest systems to collect for in the 16-bit generation. Boxes and contents are durable and here in Japan it shocks me still how little interest they had/have in the system. We always read growing up that the MD was 3rd in the race in Japan but until you see it on the street at retail in 2007 it becomes clear how badly Sega did. If they would of released a System 16 type home system with some Super Sprite Scaler tech., then I am sure it would of been a different story. Basically Japan never liked Sega in the home and I now truly understand why .
                I'm certain it has nothing to do with Sega's super poor console record of throwing away consoles one after another without any concern for the end user (how many 8-bit variations did they throw out? I'm sure with your VAST knowledge you can answer that lol.....or maybe the fact that you only had Super Thunder Blade and Space Harrier II to play for months.....or maybe that Japanese players prefer RPG/SLGs (now with brand names) of which the MD had nothing memorable until year 2 and even then 1 game does not make a lasting user base..........or perhaps there was this game called Dragon Quest III which destroyed everything.....or maybe it was the lack of anything mainstream on the console for first 2 years.....

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
                  Alphabetical order too?... Did someone say 'nerd'
                  Except Altered Beast, which should be filed under J for Ju Oh Ki

Comment

Working...
                  X