Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

That MD book is full of gorgeous stuff. It's interesting seeing all of those old design documents and artwork. The book is well presented too.

Comment

I too have a copy of MD/Genesis Collected Works (backed the original Kickstarter campaign for it).

It is an absolute must-have for any retro-gaming enthusiast , let alone any MD or Sega fan. I say that as someone who was pretty much all about the SFC/SNES during the 16-bit era.

Oh, and you don't need to wait for it to be on Amazon. You can purchase it directly from the publishers.

Read-Only Memory publishes high-quality books and articles that document defining moments in videogame history.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-11-2014, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          I too have a copy of MD/Genesis Collected Works (backed the original Kickstarter campaign for it).
          Same here. My name is on the back page but a little pissed because I wanted Mark "Retro Core" Smith and was told only real names were allowed. So I had it changed. Then the book comes and there's loads of middle names Still, a fantastic book. The untold story of Japanese game developers is also a fantastic read. Jam packed full of info!

Thanks for the store link. I'll add that to my YouTube description.
          Last edited by Yakumo; 24-11-2014, 11:55.

Comment

Is that music the theme from the Golden Girls

Comment

Just had a look at that list of names in the MD and saw mine. I didn't know they had done that. I knew my name was in Sketcz's book though. I hope the readonlymemory guys get to do similar retrospectives for other Sega systems. Especially the 8-bit systems.

Comment

My name isn't in Sketcz's book but my photo is. It's the one of the vending machine in the Kent Eno feature.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                  Is that music the theme from the Golden Girls
                  ? Nope, only game music was used.

Comment

I finally got around to making another Retro Core.

Retro Core 5 - Volume 4 - 16 Bit vertical shooters (60fps)

Comment

Would you believe it?! A new Retro Core is coming mid August!

There's a choice of two shows. Taito Memories complete collection featuring all 100 games or obscure 1 on 1 Fighters from the 32 bit days back.

Which would you like to see?

Comment

Taito show please.

Comment

Taito!

Comment

I'd go for obscure fighters.

Comment

Taito 2 - Fighters 1

I have this pole going on other forums too so I'll total up all the votes by the end of the month.

Comment

I just want you to do the fighters because I was forced to suffer through Fighters Destiny, and I want to subject as many others to it as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X