No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to believe but a new Retro Core is out and a video with pretty bad audio about my new arcade emulation PC.

Comment

Yes it is very hard to believe! I've been waiting for an episode for a while now as you've been churning out all these BoP videos, which are probably easier to make.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
        Yes it is very hard to believe! I've been waiting for an episode for a while now as you've been churning out all these BoP videos, which are probably easier to make.
        Actually Retro Core is easier to make No subtitles needed or messing around with different emulators. The problem with Retro Core is that I appear on screen which needs a quiet house. Can't do that when my son is around.

Comment

Yeah I noticed as I'm watching the video. I'm sure the new emulation PC makes things easier. Capture everything in one go and chop it up later?

Comment

I capture each game as a separate clip because it saves on loading time when adding them to the editing software. The longer the file the longer it takes for the software to accept it. It is easier though. All I have to do is hit stop on the capture PC then hit record again when I start a new game

Comment

Another new Retro Core! Volume 8 - Ten arcade scrolling beat'em ups you've probably never played.

Comment

I've definitely played (and completed) Battle Circuit before - it's not hard to find the ROM, after all.

The game is pretty much, to all intents and purposes (imo), Captain Commando II.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  I've definitely played (and completed) Battle Circuit before - it's not hard to find the ROM, after all.

The game is pretty much, to all intents and purposes (imo), Captain Commando II.
                  That's true, it is a pretty easy game to find but one that many have never played. The name certainly doesn't shout out beat'em up I thought it was a kind of super off road game at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    That's true, it is a pretty easy game to find but one that many have never played. The name certainly doesn't shout out beat'em up
                    Perhaps. Probably didn't help that the original coin-op didn't get a US release or that it was Capcom's final 2D scrolling beat-em-up.

Comment

Retro Core 5 - Volume 9
                      Arcade Racers

Comment

This went live last night - back when sprites were still cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Retro Core 5 - Volume 9
                          Arcade Racers
                          Very nice. Could you post some more info please, on your emulation set up. Are you running it through the mini? Cheers

Comment

Woah, I've got some catching up to do on these videos, Yakumo!
                            Some good stuff there. I want that mini arcade cab!

As for the sprite racers, I'm still rocking a Nokia 6230i for my work phone, which has "Street Race" on it:

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              Very nice. Could you post some more info please, on your emulation set up. Are you running it through the mini? Cheers
                              The PC is running through the Framemister but as a direct HDMI feed. The Framemister is acting as a switch box to my Capture card.

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION], that's some classic phone gaming right there!

Comment

New Retro Core - Arcade Run'n Gun

Comment

Working...
                                X