Old VGI forum members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old VGI forum members?

Just spotted a name that took me back to the old VGI forum days, are there many of that old crowd on here? I was just plain ikobo back then, it was a great, busy forum with some top blokes.

I used to post on there. Shame they never fixed it. The link is still on the site, too.

Comment

I had assumed that Lee didn't want to pay for the forum anymore. Understandable I suppose as it probably didn't generate much business for him as it was generally populated by peeps who were regular customers anyway.

Comment

Brilliant forum that like Dreamcast technical pages forum is sadly missed .

Van, Hartly , Owen , Goldsmith , Bigg Edd all post here . You got anything left of your NEC collection ikobo, or you bought yet another silly sports car instead :P

Comment

Alright there TA! I spotted the other welsh loon last night which was what made me post this! Several sportscars have been and gone mate. I did sell the engine collection i had back then, but i've since rebuilt what i like to think is a better one! Done a fair bit of wheeling and dealing with engine stuff on ebay the last couple of years too, but now i just use it to sell off unwanted or duplicate stuff. You still a sega obsessive then?

Comment

There were some good folks on the VGI forum

Atticus is PhilyH, I discovered that recently.

I post mostly on Arcade Otaku these days. Charlie Chong on there was Prinse Charles and I'm sure a couple others have VGI heritage.

JOe

Comment

Ha! I just sent atticus a message the other day about a game, i had no idea it was phil! I'll have to send him another.

Comment

I think I've caught up with most ex-vgi crew on here ... there's an old thread somewhere with most peeps on it.

Comment

Just sent you another PM there Phil, sorry mate, had no idea it was you!

Comment

Ha, that's me totally coasting this morning and answering pm's on auto-pilot

We never did have that Honda meet up at Lee's did we

Comment

I drive krautmobiles these days, check PM.

Comment

Nice

I had a little foray into German engineering myself but I went back to a Type-R in the end. And much as I love it I keep having mad ideas about the Fiat 500 Abarth ... but then I remember how the Lupo Gti handled (both are supposed to have similar levels of body-roll) and my heart is with Honda once more.

Comment

Used to post on there too, ahh good times

Comment

It's trying to remember all the screen names thats messing me up. Had a few heated arguments on there too, which all got resolved in the end. I think? I remember all of the ones that have had mentions or posted so far, a few more in here i remember too:- van peebles, fastware, big edd, katsujinken, JOe, hartley hare, team andromeda, PhilyH, CMcK, importaku, prinse charles, duddyroar, owen, commander marklar................

Comment

I used that forum a bit aswell. Did ask Lee why he closed it but never got an answer. Incidentally, I don't think vanpeebles visits/posts here anymore since a little dramatic thread of his got nuked.

Comment

Working...
                              X