No announcement yet.

Old VGI forum members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you guys are pure retro. Brilliant.

Are you guys in the thread who play retro exlusively? I can't find that thread (I'll really need to work on my searching skills) and really want to read it again.

EDIT

After only going into retro again.
    Last edited by ShadowDancer; 29-06-2009, 01:07.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      http://www.videogameimports.com/cgi-...m=13&topic=542

If you play around with some of the last page numbers you can access quite a few threads
      I cheat and use this http://web.archive.org/web/200502030.../ikonboard.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
        OMG

That's tonight entertainment sorted then

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
          Man, that was meant to be a trade secret.

Comment

Man that brought back some memories. Can't believe it was that long ago since the VGI forum disappeared.

Comment

Yeah, i had a good read of quite a lot of that the other day, brought back loads of memories. I even remember most of the things i'd written! So many names i'd forgotten, evilhokuto was a sound guy, pointed me in the direction of a few good things.

Comment

I used to post on there every so often, mainly around the launch of the Gamecube, remember fastware, but can't remember why, maybe because that was his forum name here. Wonder what happened to Tuxedo Hirst, used to chat to him on the old Games Asylum forums too.

Comment

Good times, my brother's account was Slicer on it.

I also asked Lee about what happened to them but I think he got abit tried of running them and I don't think he has a lot of free time these day. Still runs an excellant store however!

Comment

I've looked at this thread a few times and never posted until now

......when i realised i was a member of those forums as well, good forums

shame Lee shut them down

Comment

I hate you all.

This was the last time I spoke to Lee after I just happened across the board being down (related to some Sega Rally stuff over on rllmuk, which is where you'll find van).

We're not going to bother with the message board just yet, I think when we finally do, there'll be a lot of changes. Too many fruitcakes on there with nothing to say if you ask me

Comment

I used to love some of the old high score tables. With such a small (and focused!) community, it was good to compete against a few of you on stuff like Rez, Daytona and Sega Rally. I haven't really sat down with a game in a while and played anything like some of the stuff I used to back when VGI's forum was active. Hmm.

edit: Hah, the way back machine is great.

Jesus.
                        Last edited by Commander Marklar; 07-07-2009, 15:25.

Comment

Oh no, not more Rally , I've packed my Saturn and DC wheel's up the Attic . I don't think I could face another marathon session , trying to beat your times .

Mind you , when you get in that zone its hard to break away (that should read impossible to break away) , I literary played Saturn Rally for 3 to 4 hrs straight , trying to beat your times . The hours flew by (, but I had to stop, as my back was in half at the end .

Good old times . Where An Old Friend , his JSRF scores were insane

Comment

Aye, I just can't do that any more... or at least not as often as I used too Just going around and around desert for hours on end; crazy times. The best of times. I still play it every now and again and the Dreamcast (actually two of 'em) is still set-up here for the odd scratch to the dirty, dirty itch.

An Old Friend went and played through Resi Evil on the hardest setting with just the knife too, right? It was amazing reading some of his exploits. I think the forum showed a lot of individual gamers strengths; you and your massive boner for everything Sega, Panzer love, etc. Owen and his RPGs. JOe and his arcade love. Animace for his, well, I dunno really but he was funny, funny man.

I can't believe ikobo still can't figure out the Sega Saturn

Comment

I think my NEC fetish just overpowers everything else marklar. Good to see yet another old name!

Comment

Working...
                              X