Top 20 rare PAL games for all systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
    Surely Dragon Ball Z (PAL SEGA Saturn) is one of them? Or was that an elaborate fake I saw a picture of?

Edit: NM, here's one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Z-...d=p3286.c0.m14
    It was only released in France, so is hard to find as games go. Not sure how rare it is though.

Comment

Has anyone thought of doing a top 10 rare game list, but for games that are actually good?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTheBadger View Post
        Is Starwing Competition really as rare as every thinks / says? I only ask because I've seen at least 4 ebay'd over the past couple of weeks, none of which even pushed over ?50. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing these things... or maybe there's a fair few repro's out there. Either way, I've seen it more times this past week than I've ever seen an English Soul Blazer.
        Starwing Competition isn't as rare as some people would have you believe, sure it's hard to get hold of but it's what I call ebay fodder.

These days a game is only really rare if it doesn't appear on ebay every other month.

Oh and Dragon Ball Z (PAL SEGA Saturn) got released in France & Spain, resulting in the reason there is two cover designs for it.

Comment

Are you sure they were not US NTSC versions mate? The PAL versions were never released in the UK and I think it far more likely that somone whould have imported US versions into this country as at least they would have had English Instructions and English on the box.
          It's possible, I seem to distinctly remember it being a PAL copy, but if like you say, it was not released then perhaps it was a U.S copy.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            Some of those are a bit debatable as to how rare they are, Captain Commando I?ve seen a lot on ebay. There's about 50 PAL games that are very rare, Megaman X3, Super Chase HQ and Final Fight 3 should go on that list in truth the SNES is a real minefield for rare games.

Saturn wise Swagman and Mortal Kombat Trilogy and for the DC it?s dragon riders, Aqua GT and Caesar Palace 2000, but no DC game is that rare.
            How many complete copies of Captain Commando haven you seen? It's rarer than Final Fight 3, Megaman X3 and Chase HQ I can assure you.

I have only seen 3 complete PAL copies of Captain Commando it in the last 5 years yet I have seen that many Megaman X3's this year alone!
            I've also seen at least 4 complete Chase HQ's this year and 2 or 3 Final Fight 3's.

Maybe Megaman X3 gets a higher price than most PAL SNES games but that does not mean it is rarer! It's really because there are so many Megaman Fans out there so the prices of all Megaman retro games are always pushed high.

A

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
              Oh and Dragon Ball Z (PAL SEGA Saturn) got released in France & Spain, resulting in the reason there is two cover designs for it.
              And Portugal ...

Comment

-----
                Last edited by HC_O; 02-05-2010, 00:27.

Comment

-----
                  Last edited by HC_O; 02-05-2010, 00:27.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                    How many complete copies of Captain Commando haven you seen? It's rarer than Final Fight 3, Megaman X3 and Chase HQ I can assure you.

I have only seen 3 complete PAL copies of Captain Commando it in the last 5 years yet I have seen that many Megaman X3's this year alone!
                    I've also seen at least 4 complete Chase HQ's this year and 2 or 3 Final Fight 3's.

Maybe Megaman X3 gets a higher price than most PAL SNES games but that does not mean it is rarer! It's really because there are so many Megaman Fans out there so the prices of all Megaman retro games are always pushed high.

A
                    PAL Captain Commando is fairly rare agreed but not the rarest. I've seen a few exclusively German copies over the past year which would qualify as Pal. However, it's the one with English in the instructions and box (as well as German I think) which appears to be super rare. One bloke sold one on ebay about 3 months ago. I tried to do a cheeky offer of ?80 but he rejected it. Eventually it went for around ?160.

Nice condition as well!

Comment

Oh, back on thread.

You've no chance of finding the likes of Whirlo and Cool World etc. at a car boot. Especially since they weren't sold in UK outlets.

All PAL unless stated less rare but still desirable titles - but you've no chance really of seeing them in a UK car boot, mainly since they were mostly released outside of the UK and imported by collectors-

Final fight 2 (German yellow box)
                      Earthbound (US)
                      E.V.O. (US)
                      Harvest Moon (Aus)
                      Lufia (Aus)
                      Anything published by Titus (PoP2, Oscar, Ninja Warriors, Wild Guns, Whizz etc. but not The Brainies)
                      Any of the Dragonball Z games
                      Fatal Fury
                      Fatal Fury 2
                      Any of the Capcom scrolling fighters (as well as CCommando, Knights OT Round, King of Dragons)

You've more chance of seeing these (but still not a great chance!!). If you do, bag em cos they'll go for a nice price.

Terranigma
                      Bomberman 3
                      Hagane
                      Final Fight
                      Secret of Mana
                      Sparkster
                      Super Double Dragon
                      Double Dragon and Battletoads
                      Turtles in Time
                      Super Adventure Island 2
                      James Pond Crazy Sports
                      The Adventures of Batman and Robin
                      The Lost Vikings 2
                      Hagane
                      The Firemen
                      Castlevania Vampire's Kiss
                      Pocky and Rocky 2
                      The Death and return of Superman
                      Super Mario All Stars and World
                      Run Saber
                      Ultimate Mortal Kombat
                      Lagoon
                      Ranma 1/2
                      Super Turrican
                      Super Turrican 2
                      Hungry Dinosaurs
                      Megaman x
                      Mr Do
                      Hook
                      Sunset Riders
                      Tintin in Tibet
                      Any Marvel superhero game except Spiderman Arcades Revenge and Hulk (especially Spiderman AA, Spiderman Seperation Anxiety, War of the Gems, Mutant Apocolypse)

Comment

Good list Chocklo, but you're actually missing the two rarest PAL SNES games off there.

Soul Blazer (Scandanvian) - Only PAL version with English in game text.
                        X-Zone (Scandanavian Only)

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                          I'm sure the 'standard' version is harder to find than this one.
                          It is, I used to have the standard version. Was about the onyl copy I ever saw.

CastleVania: A Vampire's Kiss on the SNES is a scarce one (loosely based on the PC Engine CD game). I found it in an indie store for ?11.99 years ago, have since seen it command upwards of ?100 complete on ebay. Never tend to see it complete very often at all now. Though lately there have been a fair few cart only's suddenly appear.

Comment

I only collect for Sega systems and in my experience there isn't that many truly rare games for them, most appear at least twice a year on Ebay/forums. Variations of games however, now that's a totally different story.

Perfect example would be Sonic 2 on the SMS, one of the commonest games available for the system. But, try finding the Master System 2 box variation of the game, extremely rare.

Game Pak 4 in 1 for the Game Gear springs to mind too. Cart only copies are included with pretty much every GG bundle on Ebay, but you try finding a complete copy.

Comment

I guess the 4 in 1 pack was primarily bundled in with consoles which will be why there are so few (if any?) boxed versions?

The same is the case for Tetris on the GB.

Comment

EDIT: Never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X