Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consoles reaching their full potential late in their life cycle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternal Champions was a right fiasco! Awful fighter!! As for Mortal Kombat, well it never played that well at all but I really liked the overall style of the game. After the first 2 in the series mind I never wanted to play it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I'd love to hear what these games are. All US MD Dev' games were ****e IMO. And I don't rate Mortal Kombat or the crappy Eternal Champions either when I had much better Japanese Dev' fighters
      I rate and happen to love the like of Fifa , Road rash 1 and II , John Madden 1 and 92 , PGA Golf III , Aladdin , Star Flight , EA Hockey Greatest Heavyweights, Sonic II , Comix Zone .
      And as a tech demo of what the Mega Drive or Mega CD could do , I'll just let John O' Brien Batman Returns ( Mega CD ) , and Adv Of Batman & Robin onthe Mega Drive do the talking

I would imagine a lot of those games were made in the USA or at least North America
      Last edited by Team Andromeda; 24-09-2009, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Eternal Champions was a right fiasco! Awful fighter!!
        It was poor , but onthe Mega CD it was a total different story , at the time was of the deepest Fighters ever made imo

Comment

Out of that list I'd say Road Rash maybe and Comix Zone but the rest are not my cup of tea apart from Sonic 2 but that had a Japanese hand in it. The 3D on the Mega CD Batman returns is nice but not the best I've seen on the system plus those 2D stages are beyond ****iness :P Adv Of Batman & Robin is truly impressive to look at, no arguing wit that. I played it the other week and while I do honestly like the style I just couldn't get in to the game. Maybe it was because I was using an emulator? I'll have to try it on real hardware.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Out of that list I'd say Road Rash maybe and Comix Zone but the rest are not my cup of tea apart from Sonic 2 but that had a Japanese hand in it. The 3D on the Mega CD Batman returns is nice but not the best I've seen on the system plus those 2D stages are beyond ****iness :P Adv Of Batman & Robin is truly impressive to look at, no arguing wit that. I played it the other week and while I do honestly like the style I just couldn't get in to the game. Maybe it was because I was using an emulator? I'll have to try it on real hardware.

Yakumo
            I don't really know why people focus on the Platform sections of Batman Returns , you didn't have to play them , and the 3D sections alone were bigger than most other full driving games

But the topic isn't just about playable games, its about games that pushed systems . A lot of the games that pushed the 16 bit Mega Drive came from Western 'North American developers.
            I don't think there any Mega Drive games that features the amount of on screen tricks to that in Batman & Robin from any Japanese developer , Vectorman too , is doing insane tricks
            And I love the like of Star Flight (one of the best and most overlooked games of all time) , John Madden 92 and PGA Golf III, Desert Strike on my MD , as I do for games like Spideman ECT .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I don't think there any Mega Drive games that features the amount of on screen tricks to that in Batman & Robin from any Japanese developer , Vectorman too , is doing insane tricks
              Agreed. Japanese devs produced very good games, but it terms of technical prowess they (with a few exceptions) tended to be rather ho hum in the 16-bit era. It was the American and European devs that tended to push the machines the most when it came to technical trickery, something which by and large tends to be true on the current systems as well.

Comment

That probably all comes from the hacking and home brew coders to tell the truth. Such a scene in Japan isn't even close to the one in Europe.

Comment

Where did Beyond Oasis/ Story of Thor originate? I thought that was a terrific little game, and enjoyed every minute.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    Where did Beyond Oasis/ Story of Thor originate? I thought that was a terrific little game, and enjoyed every minute.
                    Japanese, was done by Ancient who is Yuzo Koshiro's company, the guy who did the Streets of Rage soundtracks

Comment

I was always impressed by Zero Tolerance on the MD, it was during the boom of FPS games and it showed the MD could hold its own - to some degree.

As for Eternal Champions, i do agree that the MD version was a mess. It talked, looked and sounded decent, but it just didnt play right.........

And to this day, i still can not forgive loading time on a cartridge..........

Does anyone remember on Street Fighter on the MD, after each bout there was a slight pause.........

Comment

Working...
                      X