Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What retro item do you most regret selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
    Taito Egret II
    Now i can understand that..I luv mine(sorry Stu)

Comment

I suppose my current one is my japanese copy of rage of the dragons on AES. It's proving a real pain in the hole to find without paying a ridiculous price. My man in Japan had found one, but it turned out to have a torn insert.

Comment

For me it was trading in my Megadrive & SNES & all the great games I had just to get a bloody Playstation plus Wipeout & Tekken.

However 5 yrs later I managed to bag a Brand New SNES Mario All Stars bundle for £29.99 that I saw under a load of junk behind the counter in my local Woolies, & a Brand New Megadrive II plus 6 games bundle in Index in Swansea for £24.99.

Since then I've been gradually building my collection back up & got plenty of spare controllers too, & this time they aint going nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
          Boxed Super Wild Card DX32
          I got some new/ boxed (1994 third-party manufactured) ones, but can't sell them on here as it's a prohibited item AFAIK. They're very nice units with intuitive fully customisable menus and even start-up music!

Comment

I haven't sold any retro hardware or software recently enough to feel regret, but I can pitch in with something a little different.

A few years back I sold my games magazines (around 400, mostly from the 90s) with all of the freebies that came with them, as I didn't have the space to keep them any longer. There was a lot of really great stuff in there, but there are a couple of the freebies I wouldn't mind having back.

It was either Sega Pro or Sega Power that made two novels, one on Road Rash and the other was Streets Of Rage I think. Don't know if they would be any good (probably not, I'm guessing), but I remember conveniently having them newly bought in my school bag just as we began our book reading periods in English class, which I would have otherwise slept straight through.

I remember my mates jealousy quickly turning to glee when I showed him I had two of them, after which he promptly shoved whatever he was reading back into his bag and joyfully got stuck-in to what I imagine was some retarded storyline.

I particularly remember being enthralled by the Road Rash novel, so I guess I wouldn't mind the novelty of re-reading it damn-near twenty years later.

Sorry, that's the best I've got

Comment

The Road Rash novel was written by the editor of the mag. Damn good story from what I remember though that could have been down to my teenage brain.

Comment

There is also Golden Axe and Desert Strike novels in the same series.

Comment

I gave my friend a shot of the Road Rash novel and never got it back

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                    There is also Golden Axe and Desert Strike novels in the same series.
                    Yep I've read them all

Comment

Working...
                    X