No announcement yet.

WiZ impressions: one week on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the merits of OLED, I quite liked this vid, especially when the lights are turned off!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
      Blimey, didn't see that post. Colour me shocked!

Bit disappointed that the D-pad is causing problems because that was supposed to be the crowning glory of the design after the dodgy GP2X pads, but at least this shows that the team is keen to get things 100% perfect.
      It's ok, there's no problem with the d-pad according to that blog post. It's all very minor tweaks needed....

Shoulder buttons need more movement, ribbon cable slot needs to be bigger + some minor shaving is needed. Quite positive in all (if resulting in a short delay).

I'm really looking forward to getting this now. Had my money down since September... 2008 .

Comment

One week on, not as taken as i initially was. The thrill of playing your favourite games on the move is soon put in to context when you play the genuine game, on genuine hardware, and on a nice TV. Emulation STILL doesn't come up to scratch in the cold light of day.

Comment

That almost goes without saying though doesn't it? Emulation is never going to replace the feel of using the original hardware, but when you can fit all of those systems and games onto one device as small as the Wiz, there are obvious advantages over using the real thing. Space and money being two such considerations.

The thing that annoys me most about the Wiz is the crummy D-pad.

Comment

Yeah, the D-pad and buttons are pretty poor. I've tried a few of the other emulators now in the last week. Don't know if i'm doing something wrong, but mame is pretty awful. PCE, MD and SFC all have niggles. Now that i'm home for 3 weeks i probably won't use it again untill i go back to london.

Comment

MD emulation is pretty decent, TBH.

Comment

Yes, the MD, PCE and SFC are all decent, but not perfect. I've made ISO's from the original CD's and it still has sound issues etc.

Comment

I braved performing this d-pad mod and I'm happy to say it's been a complete success - I can now pull hadokens and dragon punches like there's no tomorrow!

Comment

That is one sweet mod. Is this DaveC's idea? He's the guy who designed the Pandora's D-pad and he also outlined mods for the GP2X.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
                      That is one sweet mod. Is this DaveC's idea?
                      Got it in one mate

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                        Got it in one mate
                        Ah! Thought so. What that guy doesn't know about D-pads ain't worth knowing.

Comment

Oh my f*cking word:

Comment

32X support in Picodrive at 60fps?

That really is an amazing feat. Look at the OLED too, aint she pretty!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Wiz I picked up off ikobo_1, since he give it no love.

Comment

Impressive, i may keep mine!

Only joking Muddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X