A trip to Japan, buying advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
    I just want to see a shedload of pics in the "post anytime you get anything retro" thread when he gets back. And i also want to hear how everything cost under a pound, which will then spur me to book a similar holiday myself!
    Well I'm back. Not quiet under a pound for everything but certainly not far off I picked up a pile of PCE games and some of them (such as Rtype) were selling for around 300 Yen which works out at just a couple of quid. I'd list the rest but I did a video blog for Youtube and don't want to ruin the surprise for folk

Exchange rate was roughly 140 Yen to the pound when I bought my holiday cash.

Comment

Linky?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorfarius View Post
        Well I'm back. Not quiet under a pound for everything but certainly not far off I picked up a pile of PCE games and some of them (such as Rtype) were selling for around 300 Yen which works out at just a couple of quid. I'd list the rest but I did a video blog for Youtube and don't want to ruin the surprise for folk

Exchange rate was roughly 140 Yen to the pound when I bought my holiday cash.

Yeah get the link up. Also 140Y to the pound, man, only a couple of years ago i got 260. Those were the days..

Comment

Linky?
          I did a vid blog each day whilst I was over there, only just posted day one but the next will be up later today. The first lot of games is on day 3. Have to be patient I'm afraid

Comment

The Mandarake store in Nakano Broadway wasn't that spectacular after they moved a lot of stuff to the newer Akihabara store.

Comment

I get the feeling you REALLY wanted a bar of chocolate.............

Comment

I get the feeling you REALLY wanted a bar of chocolate.............

I did manage to find one in the end but that probably ruins the surprise of an upcoming vid

Comment

Do you fight godzilla for it at the top of the Tokyo tower?

Comment

Do you fight godzilla for it at the top of the Tokyo tower?
                    No but I did meet a monkey in pants up there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorfarius View Post
                      No but I did meet a monkey in pants up there!
                      Ah you did meet up with lukemorse1 then!

Comment

I would recommend the train journey to Yokohama. Its beautiful there. I think about 30-40 mins from Tokyo.

here is a shot in case it interests you.
                        Last edited by nakamura; 06-01-2010, 10:01. Reason: added pic

Comment

Just watched part 3, i think you should have got a bit more clued up on PC-Engine stuff before buying the games you did mate.

Comment

Just watched part 3, i think you should have got a bit more clued up on PC-Engine stuff before buying the games you did mate.
                            How come? Only Serd turned out to be unplayable the rest are good fun.

Comment

I was more thinking along the lines of what you paid, your valuations and what profit you're expecting to make on ebay.

Comment

Enjoying watching your video diary... brings back memories. Pretty sure the Takashimaya 'Times Square' building used to house Sega's Joyopolis on its top floor back when I visited in '98. Sadly that had shut down when I made a return visit in 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X