x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    There's a copy of that in my stockroom at work.

And a Vandal Hearts 2.

Really that rare?
    Do you work at gamestation by any chance?

If you do, i've always wondered why you have 5 copies of sonic cd, night trap, vandal hearts 2 and secret of mana (battered box guranteed). Oh, and always a couple of xcom terror from the deep. All overpriced. Where are they sourced from?

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
      Do you work at gamestation by any chance?

If you do, i've always wondered why you have 5 copies of sonic cd, night trap, vandal hearts 2 and secret of mana (battered box guranteed). Oh, and always a couple of xcom terror from the deep. All overpriced. Where are they sourced from?
      I have a few close friends who work from Gamestation, who answered that question for me a few years back.
      Basically, some nutjob at head office slapped unreasonable prices on these around 5-6 years ago, which has been stuck on their systems ever since. They can't sell the game for anything other than the price stated.

That being around £59.99 for Secret of Mana and £39.99 for X-Com... Understandably, with those prices it makes sense why they have so many of them.

The Gamestation near me for years had the Japanese Chrono Trigger for around £60 as well, cause the US version is worth so much, the JAP must too, surely!? [/sarcasm] (or it falls under the same code).

Either way it was a real mess, but also very beneficial to have this man at head office creating these prices. The amount of bargains to be had was great (around the time of their Retro BOGOF offers). Ill never forget the Championship Hockey (SMS) I found for £1.99 BOGOF

Comment

Ah, the BOGOF....

Got myself a stunner a few years ago under the same banner. Literally couldn't contain myself when i picked up both clocktower and bustagroove for ?1.99!!!

Comment

Oh, i forgot one more guaranteed retro find at any given gamestation - any one of the namco museums, always with a cracked box, normally missing a front or rear insert!!

Cauterize, genuinely, cheers for the insight.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            Dunno about its rarity but ISS Deluxe for the Playstation is a bitch to find.
            I have that, only book and manual though. Are you after it?

Comment

Working...
            X