No announcement yet.

Discuss the best versions of games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomb Jack - Spectrum apart from Tecmo Classic compilation on XBox of course which has a lovely emulated version.

Comment

I spent many hours playing Bomb Jack on the speccy. It was great, very addictive.

I would also agree that the PC Engine version of Shinobi is the best even though it's missing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        Whats the best version of Chiki Chiki Boys? The PC Engine one looks really flat compared to the parallax going on the Megadrive version, though arranged soundtrack hmmm?
        Megadrive one, by far. Another amazing Capcom conversion to the MD, I was pretty stunned by the graphical quality/accuracy to the arcade when I first got hold of it.

I guess the version on PS2 Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 is the most *accurate* version, but then it IS the arcade code! (but it also has a slight graphics filter...)

Comment

OutRun2 - Japanese PS2 version (OutRun2 SP)
          Last year's PS3/360 version was alright considering the price etc but compared to OR2 SP, it feels like a cut-down and buggy edition of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
            OutRun2 - Japanese PS2 version (OutRun2 SP)
            Last year's PS3/360 version was alright considering the price etc but compared to OR2 SP, it feels like a cut-down and buggy edition of the game.
            How does the PC version compare?

Comment

PC version is fine, though I know some aren't keen on it. It's the best version in my view, same as the console version but with the ability to play it at any resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                How does the PC version compare?
                The PC version is stunning and easily my favourite one too, the only downside being there is no force feedback/rumble.

Comment

Flying Shark - Speccy. A monochrome masterpiece.

Comment

Working...
                  X