No announcement yet.

N64 Time - Duke Nukem 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just ordered World Driver Championship from the US. That pretty much completes my N64 collection. I've got Mario Tennis, but the box is shagged - cunning photo positioning on the ebay.com auction. Git.

How are you deciding which versions to play?
    Last edited by charlesr; 08-09-2010, 10:17.

Comment

If I want to play a game early, or if it's cheaper (or in some cases, if I just happen to own that version already) It'll be the Jap version. Otherwise, it's mainly PAL. No US for me.

Comment

Ah, scheisse. I was just reading about Turok in the mag, and noticed I need a memory pak! I'll have to have a look round to see if I have one knocking about, otherwise it's back to ebay!

Edit: Nevermind, I literally just turned my head 90 degrees and saw two of them sitting on my shelf.

Comment

This is a brilliant idea...I kind of what to copy but do so with the DC and was it DC-UK?

Comment

It's a shame there aren't digital copies, then we could read along! Future ought to digitise its back catalogue ala Retro Gamer. I wonder how much of it was already computerised...

Finished Turok today. The last level was a lot longer and tougher than I expected. Things took a turn for the mechanical to say the least. Raptors with miniguns FTW. Final boss initially seemed rock hard – found the automatic weapons were the best option.

Comment

Noobish,
              i too am collectin a full set of N64 mags. Nearly complete i think.

How many were there?

Comment

60. Then it changed name to NGC for another 60 issues (although they followed on number wise, so NGC is actually issue #61-120) before it "closed" and got relaunched.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks for that, only up to 41!

Comment

Nope, issue 60 is actually NGC, so really there are only 59 issues of N64 Mag.

Comment

This is such a good idea. N64 really was a special mag. The team always seemed like such great characters rather than just being names at the end of a page. Jes Bickham's review of Ocarina of Time remains my favourite review of anything ever. I remember playing it for a while before seeing any reviews, and though other mags were giving it the huge scores it deserved none of them seemed to understand or be able to explain why the game was so incredible. Then issue 24 came along, and finally someone else got it. Magical stuff. Then there was the truly epic wait for Perfect Dark and hoping Smash Bros would get a PAL release... Yeah, those were some great days.

Comment

Um, quick question people - I've been playing with the expansion pak in, just because it was in there when I got the N64 out. What does it actually do to games that weren't designed with it in mind? Should I take it out to play the older games?

Comment

It will have no effect whatsoever on games that don't support it. No reason to remove it at all.

Comment

Oh that's good news then

Anyway, finished Mario 64 with seventy odd stars, but I only got that many by getting all stars for each course as I went along, so I finished the game without even seeing the last few courses. I'm gonna try and get all 120 stars, but I'll probably move on to focus on the next game while I'm doing that.

Comment

I loved going back to Mario 64 and getting the stars i'd missed. Your getting the stars as you go along theory might work, but remember there are some 'castles secret stars' that are obviously not in levels.

Chris

Comment

Yeah, I've only got a few of those so far. I read there are two you get by doing something with the MIP rabbit, but I'm not sure what yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X