Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC-Engine for me this time, not made many retro purchases this year, but Ninja Spirits has been a long time coming!!

Thanks Colin

Comment

I love Ninja Spirit. That last level though
      Last edited by Jay; 11-12-2012, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
        Was great on the ps2...hopefully we see black mesa on PSN/XBLA.
        Those were the days of FPS's on consoles.

There was an option to press O and you would then lock onto an enemy in till you killed them. Although it had a cool feature to press Select and the PS2 would perform a quick save, rather than going to a menu and hit save.

Never have completed Half Life as I got stuck on the boss in Zen on both PC & PS2!

Comment

Finished with Half Life now. So many good things about it but certainly a game from 1998. Annoying saving, dated visual and shocking jumping and ladder negotiation killed it.

So many good things about it though. No cutscense, great level design and amusing AI deaths. A puzzle FPS that could really benefit from a freshen up.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Finished with Half Life now. So many good things about it but certainly a game from 1998. Annoying saving, dated visual and shocking jumping and ladder negotiation killed it.

So many good things about it though. No cutscense, great level design and amusing AI deaths. A puzzle FPS that could really benefit from a freshen up.
            Black mesa is great.

Comment

A new Hard Off has just opened up near by so I paid them a visit today and got a brand new NEVER USED!! Mega Drive Zero Wing and a mint copy of Bullet Witch for the 360. I know Bullet Witch is said to be a poor game but in all honestly it's not that bad.

By the way, I took some video in the new Hard Off which will be featured on the New Retro Core 4 from the 24th December.

Comment

Just to sicken me, how much did the zero wing cost?

Comment

Good call on Bullet Witch Yakumo, beat that last year. Stupid but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                    Just to sicken me, how much did the zero wing cost?
                    only 800 yen. I bought it from Manga Soko. All of their Mega Drive games are 800 yen now. They also have brand new copies of Golden Axe 1 and 2. I may pick them up next time.

Originally posted by speedlolita
                    Good call on Bullet Witch Yakumo, beat that last year. Stupid but fun.
                    Indeed. Just what I like. I'm bored with al these war games.

Comment

The final boss literally takes 30 - 40 minutes of constant shooting to bring it down. And you can die in 1 - 2 hits. Good luck!

Comment

Haha, ?6! Japan certainly has its bargains for residents.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          The final boss literally takes 30 - 40 minutes of constant shooting to bring it down. And you can die in 1 - 2 hits. Good luck!
                          Really? Bugger. Looks like I'll have to put quite a bit of work in to that.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            Haha, ?6! Japan certainly has its bargains for residents.
                            Don't forget that it's even cheaper to me because of the cost of living. Anything under 1000 yen is normally a pick up.

Comment

Very nice pickups Yakumo.

Comment

It's not in great condition and the sound doesn't seem to be working but it still plays great. It's Epoch-Man, from 1981. Had it as a kid and found it in my Mum's attic. It's a classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X