Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say those are new reprints. Never seen those before.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      If I were to hazard a guess I'd say those are new reprints. Never seen those before.
      They do look like a "Greatest Hits" style of case so hoping they will be cheap now

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Oooh very nice.
        I still want them myself.
        Are they expensive?
        If you buy the original releases, yes. They can go for around 8000 yen a pop but these classic versions were both 2400 yen from Amazon. Ordered them at 11pm last night while watching Game Sack and they arrived this afternoon. Just under 5000 yen for both shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          If you buy the original releases, yes. They can go for around 8000 yen a pop but these classic versions were both 2400 yen from Amazon. Ordered them at 11pm last night while watching Game Sack and they arrived this afternoon. Just under 5000 yen for both shipped.
          WOW that's about ?13 each plus shipping.
          Would be almost rude not to buy them now lol

Comment

They are indeed the reprint versions Soundwave the first print run of all four collections came with a nice little book that detailed all the included games and featured posters and artwork inside them.

Comment

Really enjoy the taito legends titles may have to hit up those jap memories for the missing titles.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                They are indeed the reprint versions Soundwave the first print run of all four collections came with a nice little book that detailed all the included games and featured posters and artwork inside them.
                All FOUR releases? I thought there were only 2 titles in the Taito Memories / Legends series.

Edit, never mind. Just found the other two. Ordered
                Last edited by Yakumo; 14-07-2015, 23:41.

Comment

Two sets of two volumes. The first pair were released in both Japan and Korea, with the books. Not sure about the second pair. However, the first Korean set came with a limited box iirc to house the games in: http://www.kaptenkrok.se/ps2-taito-m...ion-ntsc-j-beg .

Which reminds me, I'm still missing one of the games in Japanese. I own the other three in Japanese, and the first two in Korean (ALL with books! And that box above). Perhaps I should put a post in the Wanted forum...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Nice presentation for sure. I ended up buying the reprint classic versions of the other two I'm missing just to keep everything uniformed. I don't collect for the PS2 so I'm not too bothered. The originals with books and case/box would be nice to own but it comes at a cost.

Comment

Got a famicom family Basic coming (V3 version) decided to go famicom exclusive for a while.
                      (Just console, FDS and basic) I'm not the gamer I once was, but, getting all kinds of kicks out of the famicom once again.
                      (currently playing a lot of Arkanoid. Would like to beat that on one credit (no continue code)
                      Last edited by ShadowDancer; 15-07-2015, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                        Got a famicom family Basic coming (V3 version) decided to go famicom exclusive for a while.
                        (Just console, FDS and basic) I'm not the gamer I once was, but, getting all kinds of kicks out of the famicom once again.
                        (currently playing a lot of Arkanoid. Would like to beat that on one credit (no continue code)
                        think Genki are selling the Arkanoid paddle for the famicom - currently using one on the ps1 for Arkanoid R; makes a huge difference to the control.

Comment

Thanks Andy...been thinking about picking a paddle up now I'm getting into it. I was going to look for arkanoid 2 box set with paddle...sure I've seen one before...will defo look into that and check genki too. Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            WOW that's about ?13 each plus shipping.
                            Would be almost rude not to buy them now lol
                            Indeed. eBay sellers are charging ?20-?25+ for these. The cheek!

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                              Indeed. eBay sellers are charging ?20-?25+ for these. The cheek!
                              Not really. I'd be charging that too. You need to get them from Japan to the UK after all. That would cost about a fiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Two sets of two volumes. The first pair were released in both Japan and Korea, with the books. Not sure about the second pair. However, the first Korean set came with a limited box iirc to house the games in: http://www.kaptenkrok.se/ps2-taito-m...ion-ntsc-j-beg .

Which reminds me, I'm still missing one of the games in Japanese. I own the other three in Japanese, and the first two in Korean (ALL with books! And that box above). Perhaps I should put a post in the Wanted forum...
                                I have the second two with books from Japan release nice set, I know videogameimports still has a few of them in complete with the books.

Worth pointing out that the second PAL collection on PS2 (Only PS2 not the Xbox collection) was directly done by Taito and as a result it includes a great mix of games from all four Japanese collections. Excellent ports as well, unlike the poor quality Mame disc that was the first collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X