Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnearly man, jel of that NTSC unit, only ever had a pal unit that I bought of a wierdo in a drugs Den for ten quid years ago, it came with samurai shodown and a pad that had been painted green....ended up with some nice bits tho like the flight controller. Pics missing some games like Strahl which is a cracker :

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Well I did make it clear that my recent pick ups would have a very narrow fanbase!

Was desperate to play Road Rash again, and the 3DO version is the best, so picked up a lovely condition NTSC-U machine, then picked up the other unit, a PAL one, to rob all the games that came bundled with it. I have a few other bits and bobs that came with these as well. I couldn't give a crap about the snobbery associated against the system, it still has some brilliant titles to play even now.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 11-07-2015, 16:50.

Comment

Bought some stuff from Bad_Ad84 on ASSEMbler recently, resulting in:

Region free Dreamcast. Botched one of the traces sadly, patch cable to fix. Made it a little neater after this picture.

Switchless Mega Drive. Legs on the LED turned out to be too intrusive so clipped them down after this picture.

Region free Saturn. I also ordered a 50/60Hz switchless kit but I'm not sure if I'll bother installing it as who wants PAL Saturn games? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Well I did make it clear that my recent pick ups would have a very narrow fanbase!

Was desperate to play Road Rash again, and the 3DO version is the best, so picked up a lovely condition NTSC-U machine, then picked up the other unit, a PAL one, to rob all the games that came bundled with it. I have a few other bits and bobs that came with these as well. I couldn't give a crap about the snobbery associated against the system, it still has some brilliant titles to play even now.
        I always remember the 3DO era as a really exciting time. A local indie had an NTSC system set up when they first launched and Road Rash blew my mind. Couldn't believe the production values going on for a video game. The whole presentation did so much to place you in the world of Road Rash and put you in the mood. Looked and played lovely too. Nice pick-ups Colin.

Comment

My brother had a 3DO after I had left home, only remember Road Rash, Dragons Lair and a Tennis game on it really.

Comment

My Wife has just cleared out the last of her stuff from her Mum & Dads place and came across her old GameBoy!

We've not fired it up yet but it's in decent condition with just some yellowing. Also, official case and magnifying add on. Retro goodness.

Comment

Cool find! Does your missus still play games now?

Comment

Occasionally! When we first meet she owned a DSi XL and a Nintendo Wii so not super hardcore but has owned a few PC's, GameBoy's, Amiga and a PlayStation in her time.

She's super cool with me gaming and every so often, expresses a keen interest in either watching me play a game, playing Co-Op or having a go herself. Off the top of my head, she loved Rayman Legends, Modern Warfare 2, Skyrim, Doom, F1 2013 and The Last of us.

Comment

Man, you have no idea how much I envy you. My wife of 13 years hates gaming. She bitches at me and my son for gaming. My son loves his DS. True when I say he has 4 DS consoles. He had the original DSXL then the DSi but that ended up with a dead touch screen. He then got a new 3DS XL for Christmas last year and won the new style 3DS XL this year in a lottery! He is currently using his 3DS XL because I need to transfer his data to the new 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Man, you have no idea how much I envy you. My wife of 13 years hates gaming. She bitches at me and my son for gaming. My son loves his DS. True when I say he has 4 DS consoles. He had the original DSXL then the DSi but that ended up with a dead touch screen. He then got a new 3DS XL for Christmas last year and won the new style 3DS XL this year in a lottery! He is currently using his 3DS XL because I need to transfer his data to the new 3DS.
                    This.

Asian chicks don't dig gaming. Apparently.

Comment

My wife used to play some Mario, Broken Sword etc. but now only plays a few bits on her phone.

She'll happily spend a couple of hours watching ****e like Big Brother on a Friday night though....

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                        She'll happily spend a couple of hours watching ****e like Big Brother on a Friday night though....
                        The mind boggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          I'm sorry to hear that Yakumo.

I've always thought that when you meet someone, you should not have to sacrifice who you are to be with them. Yes, you have to consider that there's 2 of you now so slightly selfish moments where you want to spend all weekend in your dressing gown and do a full run through of Metal Gear Solid might not be possible, you should still be able to do as you wish! So take her out, do some house work and at least shower, then its time to crack open a PSone classic!

It's give and take, my Mrs loves reading so can get engrossed in a book all evening and gets so sleepy that sometimes she wants to nick the sofa to have a nap. As she's a Sister (As in Nurse, not a Nun!) and works on a shift pattern, her free days are limited so I don't see her as often as I want and sometimes she's knackered, but that give me free time to chill out and look after her too.

Does your Wife have any interests of her own that she can partake in when you and your Son are gaming?

Comment

Her interest is either work or watching crap on TV. That's it

Comment

You and your Son need to draw up a plan to get her into some hot, retro, Sega Saturn action or failing that, Mario Kart Tournaments might be the way to her heart!

I don't know, we all have our own stress relievers, chill out routines or hobbies but as long as they don't intrude on your partner then it does not matter. It's just a shame your Wife does not share, or at least tolerate, the same bond you and your Son enjoy. I'm guessing you've tried to coax her round but she's just not interested?

Comment

I played Yoshi's Wooly World for three hours with my wife yesterday. To my surprise, she mentioned something about feeling silly for enjoying it because she felt too old. I asked her, "how old is 'too old to have fun'?" Then we went right back to playing.

This thread makes me feel exceptionally lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X