Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should make a thread on the best retro compilations really, Taito Legends 2 is the boss.

Comment

Family Basic arrived, woo hoo! Trying to remember the commands and things I learnt from last time. This will open up a load of fun for me right now!

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        I have the second two with books from Japan release nice set, I know videogameimports still has a few of them in complete with the books.
        They have both TM2 volumes, having checked, but neither of the TM1 volumes sadly. It's TM1 Joukan I need.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
          Family Basic arrived, woo hoo! Trying to remember the commands and things I learnt from last time. This will open up a load of fun for me right now!
          It's been a while since I've seen one of those.

Comment

That keyboard looks like the one we got for our partially sighted son back in the day (he uses a normal keyboard now)

Enjoy it though, programming something from the eighties is about my limit.

Comment

Learning new tricks from a friend on famicom world (great young guy, only 21)
              Save memory by inputting backgrounds directly using character strings...I'm going to have a real long session with this tomorrow.
              Also, youtube - 'family basic nnd' some cool ideas, some not so! but great inspiration...
              I've decided to buy this before a FDS and for the time being, I'm happy with famicom set-up only. Just need a CRT or Monitor now.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Not really. I'd be charging that too. You need to get them from Japan to the UK after all. That would cost about a fiver.
                ?13.00 each from Amazon plus ?5.00 each for shipping still comes to ?36, whereas VGI and the like are asking for ?27.99 plus ?3.00 postage each, bringing the total to ?61.98. ?26 is quite the discrepancy.

Comment

I am thought you were saying they were 20 quid a pop?

Comment

Videogameimports must be one of the most expensive places in the country to buy anything from, and at the end of the day they are in business to make a profit.

Comment

Just got a copy of Ogre Battle Prince of Zenoobia for about 5 quid. Not too shabby. Still don't have a Neo Geo here though, so this will have to go on the shelf next to Megaman Battle and Fighters (stupidest title ever?) and Puzzle Bobble

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                        Videogameimports must be one of the most expensive places in the country to buy anything from, and at the end of the day they are in business to make a profit.
                        So true and their recent fixation with New Old Stock prices only cements that.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                          Use Genki myself; much cheaper postage, better prices and condition as described - not as much stock though

Comment

I pretty much only use eBay and private sales.

Comment

Got the other two Taito Memories that I was missing for the 4 released.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Got the other two Taito Memories that I was missing for the 4 released.

very nice ;-) always loved Taito stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X