X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Yeah, I'm being a tit.

Apparently the NTSC PS3 can also push 480p via SCART on something that would accept it, like a scaler.

I'll crawl behind my CRT now and not come out again.
    I'm confused now. Your saying justi use a scart lead from the DC to the FM. Actually, why wouldn't that be an option? The FM upscales 240p much better than 480p.

I'm guessing not all DC games output 240p??

Ah well, Fudoh said it was needed

Comment

Okay, here's the thing. SCART doesn't normally carry 480p. Your Framemeister apparently is able to decode 480p via SCART though - most devices aren't capable of this.

Dreamcast games will be 240p or 480i, so scaling won't look so hot compared to direct 480p scaled by your television.

If the Framemeister can accept 480p via SCART and then upscale that to 720p/1080p and add scanlines then you're sorted.

Again, 480p over SCART isn't normally possible.

Comment

Of course it does RGB...
        Ah, my impression was that older US game systems usually didn't.

This thread has learned me. I had no idea 480p over SCART was ever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Ah, my impression was that older US game systems usually didn't.

This thread has learned me. I had no idea 480p over SCART was ever possible.
          Aside from the SNES Mini I can't recall any hardware that didn't natively support RGB in America. Of course, the NTSC Cube needed you to hack up a component/d-terminal cable to get RGB there and the NTSC Wii didn't support RGB but those are more recent examples.

Everything from Sega, Sony and Microsoft has had worldwide RGB since forever. And of course, no NEC or N64 had native RGB to begin with. heh

Comment

i'm not sure that 480p to 1080p upscaling is as nice as the standard 640x480 native dreamcast vga out (and scaled by your tv/monitor). I dont think the framemeister upscales 480p anywhere as nice as 240p from experience.

However, I have been very impressed with its 720p to 1080p scaling with scanlines - its transformed my xbox emulation into a right site for sore eyes in my new set up. a real wow moment :-)

Comment

You're using component into the FM I assume? My Xbox is stock but I've been thinking of buying a chip and shoving in the 120GB drive I have sitting around.

Comment

You're using component into the FM I assume? My Xbox is stock but I've been thinking of buying a chip and shoving in the 120GB drive I have sitting around.
                yeah - component to d-terminal to framemeister; 720p output from the xbox to 1080p out (with scanlines) from the framemeister.

i'll try to get some pics up soon - the neo geo games look soooo good. I was playing some of the CPSII stuff last night and was also blown away...

Next to try the same with with the 360 shooters as soon as my component cable arrives
                Last edited by dvdx2; 23-07-2015, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  yeah - component to d-terminal to framemeister; 720p output from the xbox to 1080p out (with scanlines) from the framemeister.

i'll try to get some pics up soon - the neo geo games look soooo good. I was playing some of the CPSII stuff last night and was also blown away...

Next to try the same with with the 360 shooters as soon as my component cable arrives

How do you set the scanlines for 1080p? They look ass for me and I read they were essentialy broken?

Comment

Aside from the SNES Mini I can't recall any hardware that didn't natively support RGB in America. Of course, the NTSC Cube needed you to hack up a component/d-terminal cable to get RGB there and the NTSC Wii didn't support RGB but those are more recent examples.

Everything from Sega, Sony and Microsoft has had worldwide RGB since forever. And of course, no NEC or N64 had native RGB to begin with. heh
                    Ah, there you go. It's all the Nintendo systems that don't, that must've been what confused me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                      How do you set the scanlines for 1080p? They look ass for me and I read they were essentialy broken?
                      depends the resolution you put into the unit - on anything other than 720p in, they look bad (unless you use x2 mode from a 240p/480p source, in which case they look great) albeit, with a slighty wonky aspect ratio.

has to be an analogue input though - hdmi 720p to hdmi 1080p works but is abit dull
                      Last edited by dvdx2; 23-07-2015, 14:06.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Ah, there you go. It's all the Nintendo systems that don't, that must've been what confused me!
                        The US SNES is the only one that is RGB.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          240p images of the 16/32/64bit consoles?
                          I was thinking of 480p over SCART. But yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            I was thinking of 480p over SCART. But yes.
                            I did wonder.

Comment

I'm so Retro I've gone Black and White*

*haven't got a NTSC-PAL Converter for composite famicom yet!

Comment

Weird that your images are fine on my PC but on my phone they're rotated...

That B&O looks nice though.

Comment

Working...
                                X