No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you're after a Saturn just hit me up via PM. I'm shifting consoles currently so...

Comment

I may do just that.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you could flash the AR cart. I thought you'd just do the swap trick or something.

I think I still have my modded Saturn back home. I'm umming and ahhing about bringing it here but I'm not sure about PSU-swapping.

I just found this but I'm worried how much it would cost to post five Saturns:

I'm sure I can get a few working out of that lot, and the controllers would probably get decent money.

Comment

Pop down to a Hard Off and buy a Saturn for 500 Yen dude. lol

Comment

I checked postage and it should hopefully be around a tenner although that seems too cheap(courier site doesn't mention weight). I might bid and see what happens. It has cool stuff like VF2 and both Nights games, too.

The guy's also selling batches of 360s and GCs so he might be into repairs and decided none of these are worth fixing.

As for Hard Off, so far I've seen a single Saturn for around 500Y and it was the bare unit in very bad nick and sold as non-working. Otherwise they're usually around 3-5000Y with the bits.

Prices on Yahoo seem more reasonable and I imagine the shops sell at a considerable markup, though.

But I'm itching to repair and sell stuff on. I'll pop him a message and hope Japan's not too into shill bidding

Comment

Think Lee's finally jumped off the deep end over at http://www.videogameimports.com/ check out yesterdays news story 19th August, ?9199.99 for new versions of most of the Saturn shooters. Utter madness it's not even a full shooter set either.
              Last edited by S3M; 20-08-2015, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                Think Lee's finally jumped off the deep end over at http://www.videogameimports.com/ check out yesterdays news story 19th August, ?9199.99 for new versions of most of the Saturn shooters. Utter madness it's not even a full shooter set either.
                noticed that - the prices are insane on ebay too.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                  Buy Video Games and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items

buy on ebay and have the luxury of paying an extra 700 sovs (and ?3.50 postage)

lovely

Comment

Originally posted by VGI ebay auction
                    Less than a year ago, we had a new Image Fight & XMultiply for sale for about ?150 with a faded spine. One of our customers tried to negotiate the price with us, saying "you'll never sell it at that price because it's faded". We declined his offer and soon afterwards sold the game. Fast forward less than a year to July 2015 and we just sold another new one on ebay, also with a faded spine, for just under ?300. So much for NEVER being able to sell one for ?150! Anyway...

Shoving it in your customer's faces how much you're making out of them is always a good idea for sales copy.

What a dbag.

EDIT: hahaha you have to pay for shipping
                    Last edited by wakka; 20-08-2015, 13:16.

Comment

I take it VGI is just one person? Sounds like it. I'm not buying any of that 'we' nonsense. Photographing games on his kitchen floor, too.

He has the prose of a right knob.

Comment

FFS!!! at that price he should throw in a machine to play them on at the very least!

not that anyone buying would break the seals......

Comment

Hhhhhmmmmm....a PAL special edition of Symphony of the Night with no art book, no soundtrack and no instructions....so why has this person priced their copy as if it was complete?

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
                            Hhhhhmmmmm....a PAL special edition of Symphony of the Night with no art book, no soundtrack and no instructions....so why has this person priced their copy as if it was complete?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castlevani...#ht_493wt_1400
                            Hmm.
                            Some complete editions have gone for ?150 – ?160. So he probably thought, “Well the game in the case has got to be worth this much.” But no, it’s not.

Comment

Only ten thousand for a Diddy Kong Amiibo without the usual t shirt design?

I'm starting to become the Mary Whitehouse in the world of ebay listings, but I really don't care!

Comment

Working...
                              X