No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's another one on for ?2799. The world is just full of morons now, retro gaming is so ridiculously priced by these people. And who are the muppets paying some of these insane prices, and more to the point where do they get the money?

Comment

That is one of the rarest pal titles, is a bit ridiculous when the genesis release is a few quid.

Comment

But muh collection!

Comment

Digital downloads can end this madness overnight.

Comment

It really wouldn't Randombs, these people are out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              It really wouldn't Randombs, these people are out of control.
              And unfortunately it's gone on too long & it's never going to change now.

Comment

Sadly true mate, retro gaming is well and truly screwed.

Comment

Yup, to by back my collection at its height would be at least double the cost, its depressing to have to resort to piracy or flash carts to just play the games you like.

Comment

Just buy what you intend to play. There's no worthwhile reason to have a "collection".

I've been buying Super Famicom cart only titles very inexpensively recently and having a blast.

Tends to just be stupid low print run games that have price issues, which is obvious when you consider the wealth of websites and YouTube channels educating people about these games.

Supply and demand, what're you gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Sadly true mate, retro gaming is well and truly screwed.
                      Yeah & it's making me fast lose interest in it.
                      I've always enjoyed a browse & random purchase (as you all know my buying habits are weird to say the least lol) but just lately it's becoming more depressing looking than actually being a fun way to spend the evening.

It's sad times indeed for the classics

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Yup, to by back my collection at its height would be at least double the cost, its depressing to have to resort to piracy or flash carts to just play the games you like.
                      I dread to think what mine might cost as well.
                      The thing is I still don't want Flash Carts etc. half the fun of playing is having the actual game & packaging in hand...another reason I won't go for Cart only...never had them like that as a lad, don't want them like that now.

I appreciate the Flash Carts have a use & fill a need but to me I still don't really want them.

Neil

Comment

You didn't immediately bin the packaging for Nintendo stuff back then? I did, manual an all.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          You didn't immediately bin the packaging for Nintendo stuff back then? I did, manual an all.
                          Nope kept it all
                          Even the Bag for the Cartridge was kept & folded in the tray.

I am total ANAL for packaging which is why if I'm re-buying I would like the same now

Comment

Could just buy a picture, they'll probably end up in your storage bins anyway.

Comment

I care more about the hardware now than having piles of games, with some titles only being bought on the systems I can't have an everdrive for. If anything I'm having more fun retro gaming than ever, as it's not obsessive, which I've definitely been guilty of in the past.
                              Last edited by Colin; 02-10-2015, 12:38.

Comment

It's definitely nicer to own originals, but I don't see any reason to limit myself to playing what's affordable on the second hand market. With the Saturn I picked up recently off Speedy, I've just been burning CDs for a lot of games and keeping them in a cheap CD wallet, like a sort of ghetto Everdrive.

I do intend to purchase more original JPN titles (particular favourites I've already been playing on CD-R mostly), but I'm never going to bother to shell out for stuff like Elevator Action Returns or PD Saga. They're not even megabux, it just doesn't feel nearly worth it to me to pay ?100+ for the box and manual.

One thing I do to enhance my enjoyment of CD-R copies is to download scans of the manuals for all of the games I play. There are good scanned copies available on Sega Retro (think it's that site), and I put the PDFs into my library on iBooks on my iPad. Gives you a nice way of enjoying the cover art and reading the story etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X