No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bang on! What nice smooth graphics for such a rubbish game!!!!

Comment

It's time to play with the balls of steel.

Comment

I never knew it came out on the ST first. I played Speedball on my school mates Amiga and always thought that was the lead platform.
        The Mega Drive version is brilliant, bar the music and speech isn't a patch on the Amiga.

Comment

That Archie version looks and sounds fooking great. Could’ve been the UK’s equivalent to the X68000 had it been more of a success both domestically and internationally. What a great machine it was.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            Could’ve been the UK’s equivalent to the X68000 had it been more of a success both domestically and internationally. What a great machine it was.
            It was better, but because its made in the UK and not in Japan, for most people it can't be as cool or as good .
            Loved the system in school and it brought in the RISC chip. I wonder if Van still has his Archimedes?

Comment

The C64 version was designed to be a single load back then for playability, hence why it was cut back. I was able to speak to the programmer Carl Müller (now sadly no longer with us) about the conversion way back at one of the U.K. CGE events in Croydon. There has been a subsequent release made to fill in everything missing...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                It was better, but because its made in the UK and not in Japan, for most people it can't be as cool or as good .
                Loved the system in school and it brought in the RISC chip. I wonder if Van still has his Archimedes?

I still own my original a3010 and a strong arm risc pc, plus a lego cased pandaboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wanna be, the Battletoads are here! Does the game suck or is it all they say it is? How about the ports? Can the Amiga produce a good port of a NES game? Watch on to find out.

Please note that the Game Boy and Master System games are not included since they are different games. Same goes for the arcade game.
                  The Xbox One Rare collection version isn't featured because that's just emulation running on the Xbox One.

Another one, you'll be doing a remastered version of at some point as you didn't included the Gameboy port of the NES one Battletoads in Ragnarok's World.

To sum it up decent handheld port that cuts out some of the later level and harder levels:
                  http://www.longplays.orgPlayed by: SCHLAUCHI -Disclaimer: Most videos by World of Longplays use SaveStates!

To be honest the original Battletoads on GB is a far far better game than the NES one. Bit of trivia Rare completed a port of the arcade game to the Game Boy, but never released it.

https://youtu.be/R1yj2t95pzs (jump to 8 minutes mark)

Comment

Nah, I'll never be touching this one again. I think this game is truly over hyped crap. It is a shame I wasn't aware about the GB version.

Comment

Nah, I'll never be touching this one again. I think this game is truly over hyped crap. It is a shame I wasn't aware about the GB version.
                      Fair to say I don't think some games in the series have aged well Battletoads & Double Dragon is the better game on NES, original NES one gets way to hard in later stages, with lots of trial and error gameplay.

Comment

It's time to sit back, turn up the volume and chill.

Comment

I forgot just how much of an absolute banger "Into The WInd" is...one of the few good things about Gradius III imo.

The SNES/SFC version of the BGM is a good effort but I'll always prefer the coin-op original.

Comment

That version of Jubei's theme in FFS is really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              That version of Jubei's theme in FFS is really good!
                              Isn't it! Some of the tracks sound better than the Neo Geo ones IMO.

A day late but it's still here for the weekend. Another Battle of the Ports Remastered as voted for by the viewers.

Comment

What an incredible and timeless game... looking forward to playing this again when my PCE Mini arrives, although I have played it once or twice in the last few years when I’ve been fortunate enough to be at Arcade Club.

It was the Master System version that was my first exposure to the game, and I distinctly recall being blown away by those first few bars of music as you start the game. It felt a world away from the ZX Spectrum I had been limited to until we got an SMS. Aside from that the Gameboy port I always felt was highly respectable, and an accurate “portable” conversion that allowed cross-transfer of skills between arcade and home port, something often overlooked when people consider what constitutes an accurate port.

Finally that Chris Huelsbeck intro tune on the Amiga version... just wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X