Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Yeah, I never liked that weird photo capture style of the later EA.
    Yeah, it just made the newer versions of John Madden 94 and Road Rash 3 look terrible and worse than the originals. That bloody Bill Walsh engine used for John Madden 94 looked hideous and Road Rash 3 looked worse than the 1st one.

Comment

Yeah, yeah. Road Rash is good n' all but it's no Skitchin'!!

Comment

Skitchin' was really really impressive. Why did I never play it much at all??!

Never understood why I never really bothered with it. I liked it!

Comment

Last week we took a look at the 2D versions of Road Rash while this week we take a look at the 32 Bit versions of Road Rash. There are 4 to look at so what are you waiting for?

Comment

I only had the PS1 version, off that HELP compilation. It always felt too choppy and snakey to me, it had an awkward, Spectrum-y distortion to its choppiness of feel.

That 60fps PC version looks a ****in JOY, mind! I wish they did a Road Rash comp and stuck that on there with solid 60.

Come on, EA, I'd at best pay £15 for a comprehensive compilation with good quality emu. I'd pay you now.

Do it, EA.

DOOOOOOO IT!!!!

Comment

Took me an hour but I got the 1996 Windows version running on Win 10. Its great, like a much smoother, higher res PS1 version, love it.

Comment

These types of game can be real fun. Is there anything on console that has the same rugged, cutthroat feel? I know there was an RR 'homage' a coupla years back but that got totally panned.

It'd just be great to have a fun game like this I could just stick on. Like I do with Trials.

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                  Took me an hour but I got the 1996 Windows version running on Win 10. Its great, like a much smoother, higher res PS1 version, love it.
                  Yeah, it's a right pain to run it on modern Windows. I was using win 7 for this video. First I had to find a 64bit exe for it the some reg files so that the colour wouldn't be rainbowed mess.

Comment

I was looking for a decent Silent Hill 4 comparison just now but couldn't find one. I know it's a newer game but it's just a suggestion (watch seven pop up next week...)

Comment

Since I don't own any of those games it will never be covered

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Last week we took a look at the 2D versions of Road Rash while this week we take a look at the 32 Bit versions of Road Rash. There are 4 to look at so what are you waiting for?

I must be the only one who really doesn't like the 3DO version and 32bit versions? I thought the move to the digitised look meant far less animation on the characters and so the falls and crashes didn't look half as painful or spectacular, as the Mega Drive version of part 2.

Comment

I'll agree that the actual riders and bikes look like crap but I do like the stages more.

Comment

It’s a crap game, but ever thought of covering Microcosm? That was released on just about anything with a CD ROM drive. Much like Myst - ooh, another one you could cover! But make sure you include the Amiga version of Myst as I bet not too many people realise it got a release on the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              It’s a crap game, but ever thought of covering Microcosm? That was released on just about anything with a CD ROM drive. Much like Myst - ooh, another one you could cover! But make sure you include the Amiga version of Myst as I bet not too many people realise it got a release on the platform.
                              I liked it on the CD32 it looked stunning..Was gutted the CDi MPEG vesion was cancelled

Comment

It did look stunning. I remember when Electronics Boutique* had schidtloads of the big box CD32 version for £1.99.

It wowed my arse off. For all the five minutes it took to assess its abject poverty of gameplay. Pah. Thetich.

The future of videogames: a MISSILE COMMAND Lite overlaid over FMV footage of a voyage into someone's bowel. Genius.

(no wonder it was £1.99).

I never got to the end. I'm assuming the final boss was some kind of giant turd???

(*it might actually not be EB but it's the one that sorta transmuted into GAME...this would've been 1995ish...)

Comment

Working...
                                X