Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which highly rated retro games did you dislike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    There were a few...Sega Soccer Slam...Red Card...ISS1...but damn right they don't sell. I'm not saying Pro Evo was user-unfriendly but it wasn't as dumb as ISS...me and my bro used to play it for the foul factor. Always about crippling each other's teams and being lucky enough not to get red cards and luckily the fouls felt really crunchy and satisfying. It was like a cro-magnon version of Pro Evo almost.
    Sorry I meant the new PES is quite an easy game to get to grips with. It's more arcade style than Fifa is. Easy to play but hard to perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      I'm going to play This Is Football tonight!
      It's no Football Kingdom!

Comment

Aaaaaaah....but is it in the same league as Ronaldo V-Football??

Comment

It's not far off!

Comment

I'm going to play This Is Football tonight!
            If you are go for the latest ones like 2003 and 2004 . The earlier ones were crap, but like the later Victory Goal ones , 2003 and 2004 TIF were massively improved and almost like totally different games .

Comment

I played 2005. It was not good.

Comment

I played 2005. It was not good.
                2005 was a step backwards and the only saving grace was its advanced online modes (for the time) graphics and gameplay wise it wasn't as good and commentary was far worse too. 2003 is the best one and 2004 is really good too, but 2003 was the best for me

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  but 2003 was the best for me
                  For some reason, I don't remember hardly anything about that series of football games. I will try and pick up the 2003 edition really cheap and see what I think.

When it comes to football games that people don't tend to talk about, I used to really like Sega Worldwide Soccer Euro 2000 on the Dreamcast. I remember it being fast and fun. Haven't played it since 2002, though, so I will have to go back to it and see what I think now.

Comment

For some reason, I don't remember hardly anything about that series of football games. I will try and pick up the 2003 edition really cheap and see what I think.
                    Most prob because the PS game was so utterly awful .

I used to really like Sega Worldwide Soccer Euro 2000 on the Dreamcast. I remember it being fast and fun. Haven't played it since 2002, though, so I will have to go back to it and see what I think now.
                    That game for me was such a letdown and disappointment. Silcon Dreams did such an amazing job with Olypic Soccer and WLS 98 that I couldn't wait to see what they would do with Euro on the DC, but while the game was ok it shouldn have been and needed to be so much better

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      M
                      That game for me was such a letdown and disappointment. Silcon Dreams did such an amazing job with Olypic Soccer and WLS 98 that I couldn't wait to see what they would do with Euro on the DC, but while the game was ok it shouldn have been and needed to be so much better
                      I've never played Olympic Soccer, so I didn't compare Euro 2000 to that. Euro was just a really fast, fun game to play. I think it had issues, but with friends it was really enjoyable.

Comment

I did enjoy the Dreamcast titles but you seemed to be able to curle the ball so dramatically it was mad, WLS on the Saturn + 3d pad was a dream mind....played the demo more than many retail titles!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          I did enjoy the Dreamcast titles but you seemed to be able to curle the ball so dramatically it was mad, WLS on the Saturn + 3d pad was a dream mind.
                          Yeah, you could do crazy banana kicks.

I really missed out not buying the Saturn versions. Maybe they're still worth buying?

Comment

Olympic soccer was just ultimate soccer/striker in 3d, great game. "He took the man, not the ball".

Comment

[QUOTE]
                              Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              I've never played Olympic Soccer, so I didn't compare Euro 2000 to that. Euro was just a really fast, fun game to play. I think it had issues, but with friends it was really enjoyable.
                              Olympic Soccer is the closest anyone ever got to a Sensible Soccer 3D game . The game looks like utter crap, but plays like a dream and is such a fun game and well made game. Special Mention must go to the audio music tracks, they're so good they're worth getting the game for on their own

WLS on the Saturn + 3d pad was a dream mind..
                              Yes what a joy the game was, crazy shots, amazing bullet headers and the controls with the 3D pad were sheer bliss.

Comment

Surprised to not see any love for Sega Worldwide Soccer - that seemed to get a lot of praise at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X