No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a spare Mega Drive 1power supply for sale?

Comment

On the last race of Ridge Racer 64. The speed, heavy handed controls and pixelated backgrounds really do make things difficult, especially on night tracks but I should have it completed soon enough.
      Last edited by Cepp; 30-10-2015, 00:26.

Comment

Gone back to this:

Ploughed about 25hrs into it when I originally got it, then it was packed away for a few years until we finally moved, and finally it has taken me this long to get my gaming room set up so now I have the pleasure of going back to it.

It never ceases to amaze me what a professional and, considering the size of the development team, lack of budget etc, just what a great game it is. I really can't wait for Project Y as I think it will be even better, what with Watermelon becoming more experienced with the hardware and with game development in general.

Comment

Been playing WRC on the PS2. Not as polished as Colin Mcrae Rally 3 but its still a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it

Next up will be Armored core 2

Comment

Which WRC?

Comment

How do the psp games look when your playing them on the PS3? The to out feature on the handheld was crap as it was a tiny window. Does the PS3 clean up the graphics in any way?

Comment

Street Fighter Zero 3 on the Saturn, getting into it for the first time. To my mind this is proper new school SF (!) & I found the brash presentation style galling at first. However it's growing on me big time, wish you could turn the announcer off though! Looks absolutely beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
                  Street Fighter Zero 3 on the Saturn, getting into it for the first time. To my mind this is proper new school SF (!) & I found the brash presentation style galling at first. However it's growing on me big time, wish you could turn the announcer off though! Looks absolutely beautiful
                  Just wait until you get into 3S

Comment

Spent a good few hours today playing Duke Nukem 3D for Megadrive that my missus got me for Chrimbo. Just like the reports I read about it beforehand, it is crushingly difficult even on the easiest setting. Thankfully Piko Interactive added a crosshair and improved the frame rate slightly which does make life that little bit easier; how anyone managed to get through the original Tectoy release is one of the world's great mysteries.

It's certainly playable, enjoyable even, but it does require perseverance and constant saving to get through. One can't help but think that with a little play testing and by making the game slightly easier by having enemies not firing at you with pinpoint accuracy the moment you walk into a room, this game could have easily been the cream of 16-bit FPS titles.

Still, definitely worth picking up for the novelty factor. You might even find yourself enjoying it in a masochistic kind of way as I did when playing it earlier. Looking forward to having another crack tomorrow.

Comment

I played Sega Rally on Worthing Pier today. The screens were amazing, they looked like they'd been built yesterday. I honestly don't think I've seen arcade monitors that bright before. unfortunately my performance didn't do them justice, I ran out of time about a hundred yards before the finish line on stage three.

Comment

not proper retro as such but i got duck tales remastered on the wii u today as its below a fiver and its great old school platformer, makes me want to dig out the nes original now

Comment

Fancied something different from my usual goto FPS: Xbox Timesplitters Future Perfect so decided to redo Xbox Return To Castle Wolfenstein on the hardest difficulty: "I'm Death Incarnate" setting.

First original Xbox game I ever played (2003) and much cruder looking than I remember, a touch of slowdown sometimes too but is the gameplay still good? Yes, great fun.

Comment

I've been playing my Cube a bit over Christmas . Super Monkey Ball is just awesome simple fun with ace soundtrack , Star Fox Adv is still today a stunning game as well as a great game to play (don't get the hate) and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is a overlooked classic .

Comment

I remember enjoying Star Fox Adventures but it seemed to tail off a bit after the first 1/4 of the game. Can't really remember why though as it was a long time ago that I played it.

Comment

Been having a blast on Street Fighter Zero 2 the last week or so as well as Paper Boy via MAME

Comment

Working...
                                X