(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    Gradius 3 on the SFC, lots of slowdown, pretty fun though.
    Nice sharp visuals and excellent music. Just the slowdown spoils things a bit, but still a really enjoyable shooter.

Comment

Millennium soldier:expendable (Dreamcast) for me this week.

Not the best shooter in the world but a fun filled no brains blaster that wasted a few hours!!!

Nice explosions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
        Millennium soldier:expendable (Dreamcast) for me this week.

Not the best shooter in the world but a fun filled no brains blaster that wasted a few hours!!!

Nice explosions as well.
        Yeah, it offers a nice dose of blasting action. The lighting effects and explosions are good. I haven't played it for a quite a while, so I'll probably have a go at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Yeah, it offers a nice dose of blasting action. The lighting effects and explosions are good. I haven't played it for a quite a while, so I'll probably have a go at the weekend.
          I would recommend it, great fun!

Is there anything else similar on the Dreamcast you know of?

Oh and a bit of Super Aleste on the SNES for me today, what a game....

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post

Is there anything else similar on the Dreamcast you know of?
            The only similar game I can think of is Capcom's 'Cannon Spike(aka GunSpike), where you choose a character and run around blasting everything. It's different in quite a few ways, but offers the same sort of arcade action.

Comment

Spartan X Famicom (Kung Fu NES) If Twin galaxies is up to date (which I think it is) I'm up to 3rd in the world, although, there must be many players out there than can achieve my score to be honest. Top Score is over 3 Million, which is impressive.

Comment

Jeanne d'Arc PSP on PS3. Really loved this game back in 2006 and it is still fun to play now.

Comment

Ridge Racer 64 arrived so having a bash on that. It's... OK I guess? It's cool that you can select different driving controls/collision detection from previous games. The other cars have a tendency to jerk around the track, sometimes to the point that they look like they're glitching and the music/graphics are average. It's not bad overall but I'm glad it was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Ridge Racer 64 arrived so having a bash on that. It's... OK I guess? It's cool that you can select different driving controls/collision detection from previous games. The other cars have a tendency to jerk around the track, sometimes to the point that they look like they're glitching and the music/graphics are average. It's not bad overall but I'm glad it was cheap.
                    It's a decent enough game at a low price but has issues. The later stages are just too fast for the controls which don't feel right on that pad.

Comment

OK, duno how I double posted here. Apologies.
                      Last edited by Cepp; 25-10-2015, 13:11.

Comment

Yeah they do get insanely fast lol. Lots of crashing into things before I adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          It's not bad overall but I'm glad it was cheap.
                          I loved the Ridge Racer games on the PS1, so hoped the N64 edition would be good, but I was gutted. I think it's weak in all departments.

Comment

Playing Super Mario Bros. 2 Japan (AKA Lost Levels) (NES VC, 3DS).

Not massively difficult 30 years on but tricky/irritating in a way that 2D Mario games haven't felt for some time.

Comment

Getting stuck into Parodius Ps1; I can't remember it being this difficult, but it took me a little while to adjust to how slow the player moves. Used to quicker these days.
                              (is this retro?) Simpsons Hit and Run, as I think it's a solid game. Some of the controls of some of the cars are a bit unwieldy, but its still enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                                Jeanne d'Arc PSP on PS3. Really loved this game back in 2006 and it is still fun to play now.
                                You can play PSP games on PS3?

Comment

Working...
                                X