No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some post Xmas shopping. Most expensive Super Darius II coming in around 40 quid.

Comment

Oh wow very cool. I’ve always been mega intrigued by that pad. Pretty much the first ever pad with analogue sticks isn’t it? Micomsoft stuff in general has some excellent retro-cool appeal.

Comment

Lovely stuff. I may have a bit of a thing about spine cards on PCE-CD games

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I may have a bit of a thing about spine cards on PCE-CD games
          You're not the only one. They're gorgeous!

Comment

Somethings just shocked me to the core, I opened up Splatterhouse and the manual was full colour completely different to the one I got when I was a kid. Thought maybe just a variation so looked into it, turns out ACE in London had sold me (parents really) a Taiwan bootleg ( 45 quids worth in 1992!! ) by King!!! Wtf never knew this was a thing, now 41 feel like my life has been a lie. It was this one https://imgur.com/gallery/6AKf2TE

Comment

Some things from the last few days. Ignore the plastic wrap on the Wii titles, they're not new - it's my system of knowing I've decontaminated them from being touched by the general public.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Not particularly hopeful on this one, but it was 50p to charity. I reckon it'll be fairly middling but at that price I'll give it a shot. I have never been a big fan of Ubisoft developed games. I wasn't sure about getting it, but sometimes I'm guilty of judging a book by its cover too much. I doubt I'll be surprised but who knows.
              Let's Tap: In all honesty, I only wanted this for the case initially (it's mint). What I didn't know at that time that is apparently produced by Yuji Naka and is a bunch of mini-games (on the Wii? Who knew) based on tapping the surface near the Wii controller. It was meant to come with a box to balance the Wiimote on so you can do this, but I'm getting chips tomorrow so I'll just use the box from that. I'm faintly curious though, it actually got decent reviews.
              Trauma Center New Blood: I've got the one before it so I thought this could join it, especially since it was only a quid and is in pretty much immaculate condition. Fairly certain it only appeared in the shop this week. The missus doesn't like the look of these medical games.
              Pangya! Golf With Style: Never heard of this and presumed given the art style that it was some renamed local version of Everybody's Golf, but then saw the Tecmo logo and thought "eh?". It appears to be completely unrelated and based on a Korean online golf game, redone for Wii. It's basically Everybody's Golf though, maybe more surreal. Tell you what though, I ended up playing this for two hours last night! Well worth my two quid, I'm going to get the sequel too. Might play it after this.
              No More Heroes: I'm aware this one is a bit divisive so I thought I'd see what the fuss was all about. It better be at least interesting, because I paid a whopping £2.50 for it. Most expensive game here. I could get two and half sandwiches from Poundland for that. Five if they've reduced them to 50p. Ten if they've reduced them to 25p (it happens).

Finally, we've got some hardware for a change.

Asciiware Specialized Joystick SCEH-0002: This has been staring at me from the other side of a glass case for a couple of weeks now, £20. I liked the way it looked like a PS1 and I didn't actually have a stick for the PS1/PS2 at present, but guessed that despite the Asciiware branding it would just be the usual setup of a stick with rubber contacts and therefore a bit like stirring porridge. For some reason I couldn't get it out of my head and did some basic Google work and found the stick is actually a microswitch setup - that swayed me. Inspected it and it looked good close up, tested it now and it works great. Really happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Some post Xmas shopping. Most expensive Super Darius II coming in around 40 quid.

Never mind the Darius, that's piss easy to find. You want to be shaking you virtual stick about the XE-1. Awesome find!

Comment

Cheers dude, £20 too hehe. Not sure me and it are long for this world, gave Afterburner II a spin last night was a dodgy experience. May seek out Monaco GP II for a try. Can't find the PC Engine adaptor for it for love nor money!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    Cheers dude, £20 too hehe. Not sure me and it are long for this world, gave Afterburner II a spin last night was a dodgy experience. May seek out Monaco GP II for a try. Can't find the PC Engine adaptor for it for love nor money!
                    I can't imagine it being great to use but it sure is a fantastic bit of Mega Drive history. 20 quid too is a steel.

Comment

Good gets Hirst. Love that Trauma Center and NMH is an all timer for me.

I played through TMNT on the 360 during my dark days as an achievement hunter. It's fine. It's short and easy so just fine to blast through.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        Some things from the last few days. Ignore the plastic wrap on the Wii titles, they're not new - it's my system of knowing I've decontaminated them from being touched by the general public.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Not particularly hopeful on this one, but it was 50p to charity. I reckon it'll be fairly middling but at that price I'll give it a shot. I have never been a big fan of Ubisoft developed games. I wasn't sure about getting it, but sometimes I'm guilty of judging a book by its cover too much. I doubt I'll be surprised but who knows.
                        Let's Tap: In all honesty, I only wanted this for the case initially (it's mint). What I didn't know at that time that is apparently produced by Yuji Naka and is a bunch of mini-games (on the Wii? Who knew) based on tapping the surface near the Wii controller. It was meant to come with a box to balance the Wiimote on so you can do this, but I'm getting chips tomorrow so I'll just use the box from that. I'm faintly curious though, it actually got decent reviews.
                        Trauma Center New Blood: I've got the one before it so I thought this could join it, especially since it was only a quid and is in pretty much immaculate condition. Fairly certain it only appeared in the shop this week. The missus doesn't like the look of these medical games.
                        Pangya! Golf With Style: Never heard of this and presumed given the art style that it was some renamed local version of Everybody's Golf, but then saw the Tecmo logo and thought "eh?". It appears to be completely unrelated and based on a Korean online golf game, redone for Wii. It's basically Everybody's Golf though, maybe more surreal. Tell you what though, I ended up playing this for two hours last night! Well worth my two quid, I'm going to get the sequel too. Might play it after this.
                        No More Heroes: I'm aware this one is a bit divisive so I thought I'd see what the fuss was all about. It better be at least interesting, because I paid a whopping £2.50 for it. Most expensive game here. I could get two and half sandwiches from Poundland for that. Five if they've reduced them to 50p. Ten if they've reduced them to 25p (it happens).

Finally, we've got some hardware for a change.

Asciiware Specialized Joystick SCEH-0002: This has been staring at me from the other side of a glass case for a couple of weeks now, £20. I liked the way it looked like a PS1 and I didn't actually have a stick for the PS1/PS2 at present, but guessed that despite the Asciiware branding it would just be the usual setup of a stick with rubber contacts and therefore a bit like stirring porridge. For some reason I couldn't get it out of my head and did some basic Google work and found the stick is actually a microswitch setup - that swayed me. Inspected it and it looked good close up, tested it now and it works great. Really happy with it.
                        Good gets. I've always been intrigued by Let's Tap. The Trauma Centre series is one of those ones that I always wanted to like more than I actually did. The concept is brilliant (anything that gets us away from standard 'Hero's journey' adventures is always a good thing in my book), but I always found the gameplay quite repetitive. Once you've zapped one polyp, you've zapped 'em all.

To my shame I've still never played an NMH. Must rectify that.

Also:

Originally posted by Hirst
                        Ten if they've reduced them to 25p (it happens).

Comment

Few bits!

Mario Basketball I'd meant to grab for a bit as I'm really interested to hear what the music's like (the same guy is now in charge of FFXIV's soundtrack), Shinobi I'd been on the lookout for a reasonably priced copy for some time, and I am officially blaming Wools' Saturn thread for a lot of the rest!

Also got Bulk Slash recently too, but I'm going to be returning that and trying to find another copy that's actually complete, rather than one that's just listed (and pictured!) that way.

Comment

I really like the packaging for the Satiator. Can you post your impressions on the device once you have it up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I really like the packaging for the Satiator. Can you post your impressions on the device once you have it up and running?
                              For sure - I'm terrible for never getting round to setting things up, but I'm hoping to kill a few birds with one stone by digging out my Saturn, plugging this in, and setting up the RetroTink while I'm at it. Will let you know!

Comment

At least you only need to plug the Satiator in, nice and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X