• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this novus you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
      What is this novus you speak of?

It's a plastic polish there's 3 grades and it does amazing work on removing scratches from most plastics, the only drawbacks are anything that has a texture the novus will render smooth as it's basically extremely finely sanding out the scratches so on a textured plastic you'd have a easily noticiable smooth area. Also metallic chrome plastics will not survive if the chroming is on the surface as it will take it off. If it was chromed from behind then you'd be safe.

But for plastic game cases it's amazing in making them look new, i even used it on a banged up pocketstation screen that was really hazy and scratched and it made it basically look like new. [edit] Here we go i found the pics.

This was the cheap pockestation off ebay however it's screen was covered in so many scratches it had turned it hazy.

Used novus 2 and an ear bud, took about 20 mins of polishing in small circles while applying gentle pressure and the scratches eventually all came away. So i was left with this...

You can buy it from a lot of places online and a small bottle will last you a long time my bottle of novus 2 is nearing 20 years old lol as i use it on my pinball table when needed. This is the makers website if you want to read up.
      NOVUS Plastic Polish products are best for restoring plastics and acrylics - bringing them back to life. Buy our plastic polish kit for use on cars, headlights and more.
      Last edited by importaku; 30-01-2022, 13:10.

Comment

I can recommend the novus as well. I bought the 3 pack about 2 weeks ago and used it on a GameCube name plate and it came up really well.

Comment

Thanks for the Novus tip lads. I've been looking for something like that to clean my Vectrex so will give this a try.

Comment

Clear PlayStation pads are the best. I’m always in the lookout for clear Dual Shock 2s.

Comment

I still have the transparent Dual Shock 1 that I got for my 9th birthday in 1999 with my PS1 console. Still use it too, although the sticks have started to gum up a little. No drift though!

Always love the transparent plastics of old console accessories and hardware.

Comment

[MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] what colour is it?

Comment

It isn't!

Comment

The first clear coloured Dual Shocks had very stiff dpads. I don't know if they improved them later, the PS2 ones were better, and the og PSX digital pad.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      It isn't!

I dig. I dig very much.

Comment

Couldn't stop at one, picked up another pad, this time a bit more expensive at £13

Comment

Nice, I have a clear blue DS1 myself - good colour. Had around 3 of those come into my possession over the years through buying the odd consoles here and there, must have been a popular colour.

I recently picked up a Pokémon Pikachu 2 GS because of the very limited functionality it has with Pokémon GSC via the IR port of a Game Boy Color.

Comment

What is the functionality with GSC?

Comment

Every 20 steps you earn 1 watt. An amount of watts corresponds to certain items, with the best item being a rare candy at 999 watts - or nearly 20,000 steps.

Basically the precursor to the Pokéwalker!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Nice, I have a clear blue DS1 myself - good colour. Had around 3 of those come into my possession over the years through buying the odd consoles here and there, must have been a popular colour.

I recently picked up a Pokémon Pikachu 2 GS because of the very limited functionality it has with Pokémon GSC via the IR port of a Game Boy Color.

Nice find, they are a fun curio, back then a colour lcd screen was something you really didn't see. Always found it amusing the western release they used the pokemon centre limited edition shell from Japan as a regular colour. Still have a couple of boxed ones tucked away in my colletion.

Comment

Working...
                                X