No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I consider Ikaruga to be far and away their best work. I can leave anything else.

Comment

I Ruddy love guardian heroes, such amazing music and some hilar enemies. I'm a bit funny with treasure too the only other game of their's I like is Light Crusader.

Comment

These are my pickups from Leeds Retro Games Fair yesterday:

Really chuffed with these, firstly massive thanks to Gunstarhero, great to see you and finally have a few beers with you up north too :-)
        thanks for the MSX, Master System converter and N64, all will be well used at my future events.

Also a big thanks to Microsprouts Game Crazed for the free msx games to play on the machine

Flashback games for the deal on the Vectrex games

Damien Smith for the huge stack of japanese street fighter comics, these look awesome and came out at less than 50p each in the end, well chuffed

Vinnie from GameGearGroup for the master system 3d glasses and adapter, i finally own a pair and at ?10 i think i got a great deal!!!

And also to Gear 4 Games for the great trade on the super swiv and master system games.

and also this happened to me too:

I was live on Sky News talking about retro gaming, so altogether a great and random day

Comment

Originally posted by mainvein View Post
          These are my pickups from Leeds Retro Games Fair yesterday:

I was live on Sky News talking about retro gaming, so altogether a great and random day
          I love the look of that MSX.

It's cool that you were on Sky News. Retro gaming really has become mainstream now.

Comment

I too enjoy the aesthetic of that MSX - not one I'd want to own though, definitely want an older model if you're going to be exploring the library.

Massive jump in price though!

Comment

Cool haul! And even more cool that you were live on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Just the one game for me this week, but it's an absolute belter! Shame I'm going to have no time to play it I have so much on this weekend.

Played a lot of it back in the day. Now I load it up when I have time on the Xbox 360. The remastered version doesn't really cut it to be honest. With all the cutscenes missing you really feel a bit out of place. Original game + CRT = best.

Comment

Is it just me, or does Guardian Heroes have naff visuals?

Comment

I wouldnt say that, its certainly got its own style and some of the animation is fun, the sprites can be a bit blocky but hey, Saturn etc.

Comment

Saturn has some amazing visuals, Guardian Heroes is just ugly if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        You know, I really must have something in me that just can't appreciate Treasure games. I mean, I like Guardian Heroes. I bought it on the first week of Japanese release but I just never thought it was as great as everyone said it was. Same with 90% of Treasure games. I always though that maybe I didn't like complex games but that isn't it. Hmm, it's like why I don't get excited over any Mario game either.
                        I never liked any of their MD games tbh and always thought GH was hugely overrated . That said RGS and Gradius V are some of the best shooters I've ever played and RSG the best showcase for a system hardware ever imo

Comment

Some Super Famicom stuff and a couple of translated repro games:

Comment

Nice little haul Jamie ... always wanted to play Mana 2

Comment

Japanese Super Metroid seems like the cheapest way to play that game. It's all in English right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                Japanese Super Metroid seems like the cheapest way to play that game. It's all in English right?
                                You can select English, yes. My copy was just shy of ?20 on eBay recently - so yeah seems like the cheapest way.

My copy needs the battery replacing though so...

Comment

Working...
                                X