Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well in that case it's a nice change!

Comment

Few of the bigger boys on Arcade CD format, Strider deffo isn't the best version out there but has plenty going for it, dreamed of owning it since seeing the GameFan review in 94, hasn't disappointed tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        Few of the bigger boys on Arcade CD format, Strider deffo isn't the best version out there but has plenty going for it, dreamed of owning it since seeing the GameFan review in 94, hasn't disappointed tbh.

Two expensive buys right there. Mad Stalker is the one I think. I have Strider myself just for the sake of owning it. Nice intros I guess.

Comment

1st boss on Mad Stalker had me nearly frisbee the disc out of the window Solid version of a decent game.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            1st boss on Mad Stalker had me nearly frisbee the disc out of the window Solid version of a decent game.
            Lol, I know that feeling. MAD STALKER is one of those games yoh need to get in to the groove of, otherwise it will be a right bitch to complete. I will say that as in most cases, the PC Engine version is the most difficult version.

Comment

Keep em coming tho foiled just found out it doesn't work with Avenue pad 6 in B mode like I assumed, cheers NEC. Other than this oversight plays and sounds great.

Comment

This makes the Mega Drive version look so pathetic. I'm sure the Mega Drive version could look just as good if it was given a 8mbit cartridge but yeah, 4mbit just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  This makes the Mega Drive version look so pathetic. I'm sure the Mega Drive version could look just as good if it was given a 8mbit cartridge but yeah, 4mbit just doesn't cut it.
                  I'm sure they'll blame the memory shortage at that time (initially valid but an excuse they leaned on for slightly too long), but they really should have pulled their finger out and started doing the 8Mbit carts earlier. It was when they kicked in that the MD really started to show what it could do.

Would be interesting to see if someone could do a rom hack of Forgotten Worlds MD and reinstate the cut graphics and speech samples, see what could have been. I know some group did it with one of the Street Fighter 2 MD ports to sort out the overly compressed voice samples etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    I'm sure they'll blame the memory shortage at that time (initially valid but an excuse they leaned on for slightly too long), but they really should have pulled their finger out and started doing the 8Mbit carts earlier. It was when they kicked in that the MD really started to show what it could do.

Would be interesting to see if someone could do a rom hack of Forgotten Worlds MD and reinstate the cut graphics and speech samples, see what could have been. I know some group did it with one of the Street Fighter 2 MD ports to sort out the overly compressed voice samples etc.
                    If you've seen my Ghouls'n Ghosts remastered video, I show a Mega Drive port that looks nigh on identical to the Arcade because it has no cartridge size limitations. The project is now up to stage 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      If you've seen my Ghouls'n Ghosts remastered video, I show a Mega Drive port that looks nigh on identical to the Arcade because it has no cartridge size limitations. The project is now up to stage 3.
                      Just got round to seeing it last night, it's quite a thing isn't it? Shame that we didn't get that version, even though they did at least break the 4Mbit barrier. Speccy version was better than expected, I never found it back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        Just got round to seeing it last night, it's quite a thing isn't it? Shame that we didn't get that version, even though they did at least break the 4Mbit barrier. Speccy version was better than expected, I never found it back in the day.
                        Just imagine if the Mega Drive got that version of Ghouls'n Ghosts. It would sure make the game between the Neo Geo look a lot smaller!

Comment

One of my infrequent retro purchases has occurred.

I unexpectedly had the chance to dip into the London Gaming Market a couple of weeks ago as ended up meeting a mate around King's Cross for a drink in the afternoon, which isn't far from it.

It was late-on so I was just looking through the scraps really, but had my sights set on GB/GBA stuff for my incoming Pocket, or NGPC stuff, just cos I like collecting NGPC stuff.

Managed to score on both fronts, and was pleased with these - the NGPC one is just a bit of fun. I've got most of the big titles on the system but I don't own any of the gambling or pachislot stuff, so figured for a tenner I might as well add one to the collection. Complete except for a missing cart case (includes some fun stickers).

And Kuru Kuru Kururin, which is a game I actually really love (and personally think is superior to Squash on the Cube). I've never owned a copy before as I used to play a pirated ROM on a flashcart years ago, so it's lovely to have own it properly now. It's a bit dinged around but fully complete. Only £20 which I thought was very reasonable. Really looking forward to cracking it out when the Pocket finally, FINALLY gets here.

Comment

Mild birthday treat

Comment

Monstrously good boxart.

Comment

Awesomeness [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X