No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, I bet that cost a pretty penny. Nice buy!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Ooh, I bet that cost a pretty penny. Nice buy!
      About £85 shipped all told certainly hurt, could've been worse.

Comment

Kuru Kuru kururin is a great game

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          About £85 shipped all told certainly hurt, could've been worse.
          Not cheap but about what I'd expect to pay these days. After all, it is the best game on the system. Not that there's much choice

Comment

Unfortunately I've misplaced my memory card reader, so it's phone camera grain-o-vision for this (mostly) sorry lot.

Quickshot Wireless Twin Controller Pack PS2:
            Found this in a charity shop for £3.99, it's basically just junk but it looks to be barely used and complete, in fact the second pad is still unopened in the wrapper. I bet the people who really notice input lag will find these to be a fairly miserable experience. They don't feel great! Funnily enough I think the last Quickshot product I ever bought was for my Spectrum. I'll probably just sell it, I prefer just using the normal pad with an extension lead on it.
            Electronics Boutique Christmas Gift Pack: It is the time of giving after all - now THIS is a load of junk. It's for the original GBA and consists of a "stylish travel bag" (their words) and "some stick-on rubbish that won't really work" (my words). I think this was £2, I don't even have an original type GBA but it's a funny little souvenir of Electronics Boutique, which I do now miss slightly (I think GAME were the weaker brand). All sealed up. Think I'll just stash it away for 10 years and see if anyone wants to give me a load of money for a hit on the nostalgia pipe.
            Atari Anthology (PS2): I can't remember if I posted this up before, think it was a 99p charity shop find. Case isn't great, but sleeve and contents all perfect. I find these old collections of games interesting in their own way, this one has both arcade and VCS/2600 games. I think the Activision Anthology and Intellivision Lives! are better though.
            G1 Jockey Wii (Wii): I'm fond of the G1 Jockey series despite not being very good at them and I've been after this version a while as I've heard it's more forgiving than most of them. It's basically G1 Jockey 4. Took ages to find it in nice condition, in the end a charity shop turned it up for £1. I'll take it!
            Deadly Premonition (360): A sinner's sandwich etc etc. I've already got this game, but many years ago I quite literally had a slip-up whilst I was holding the disc and broke it (and whacked my head against my glass desk for good measure). Mine was a new copy that I got from Grainger Games before they decided to effectively destroy their reputation, I kept mine in the hope I'd find a replacement disc and this one was in the right place at the right time. £6, which is a bit less than they charge on eBay. I really like this game's ambition and feel, even if the combat is pretty rubbish.
            Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3): Liked the original, never got round to the sequel, turned up in Cex for £4 in immaculate condition. It's getting really difficult to find these old Spiderman font boxes in nice, non-yellowed condition. Looking forward to an evening on this one sometime soon!
            Dark Souls II Black Armour Edition (360): I've never played the series as despite what everyone has to say about it, the setting is possibly a bit too bleak and miserable-looking for me. That said, I'm always happy to notice a situation where Cex have put up a fancy steelbook version of a game at the price a normal one goes for. £5! It sells for about £20. Might as well have a try and see how I get on, if I'm not keen I can just shift it and buy more games. Has a soundtrack CD which I'd listen to in the car if my car wasn't all smashed up still.
            Joytech PS1 Memory Card: Don't worry, I'm not daft enough to put my valuable save games onto a lousy third-party card - but I was amused to see this in a charity shop for £1.50 in the original box. No saves on it sadly, so probably never been used. Or it's just wiped them all, like they always did.

Comment

Ugh. I had a Competition Pro one that always used to lose its saves. The worst.

Comment

Dodgy memory cards is why I've always avoided third party accessories.

Comment

The PS1 had some truly atrocious third party accessories. Enough to put anyone off for life.

I still think Mad Catz going from stuff like this...

To the TE stick is one of gaming's greatest glow-ups.

Comment

Big boy Barry still owes me a pad, the fat ****ehawk!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Dodgy memory cards is why I've always avoided third party accessories.
                      The only 3rd party cards i trust are the new memory card pro line from 8bitmods. As they release them for each console I own I’m gonna pick one up pricy but you’ll never need another card again.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        The only 3rd party cards i trust are the new memory card pro line from 8bitmods. As they release them for each console I own I’m gonna pick one up pricy but you’ll never need another card again.
                        I use a MemCard Pro with my xStation PS1, I think that is a little bit different though considering they're not being built as a more affordable solution to an OEM product. You're right though, excellent product. Will definitely be picking up the PS2 version too.

Comment

Picked up the original J-League Victory Goal for quids, worth every penny played a few hours enjoying immensely. From that early 3D period where you have a polygonal pitch/stadium with sprites for players. I bought it purely for this tho, yes you can play as Lineker final days of Grampus Eight :

Last edited by Baseley09; 03-12-2022, 18:36.

Comment

Picked up the original J-League Victory Goal for quids, worth every penny played a few hours enjoying immensely.
                            Glad I'm not the only one with a fondness for that game, what a soundtrack too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                              Glad I'm not the only one with a fondness for that game, what a soundtrack too!
                              Haha yeah not wrong ive been through all the ingame tracks, brill. You will never get music during gameplay again!!

Comment

Picked up the original J-League Victory Goal for quids, worth every penny played a few hours enjoying immensely. From that early 3D period where you have a polygonal pitch/stadium with sprites for players. I bought it purely for this tho, yes you can play as Lineker final days of Grampus Eight :
                                That sounds awesome. Could you say exactly which game it is? TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X