Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Anymore forumites received an update from UPS? Mine is stuck at Label Created.
    Mine now seems to have actually shipped and is in LA with an estimated delivery of tomorrow if that helps as a sanity check for anyone else

Comment

Wednesday for me.

I see there are already a few up on eBay being flipped. Seems a bit odd when they’re available from source.

Comment

Mine's also saying Wednesday arrival. I'm leaving for the in-laws on Thursday, so I really need UPS to come through on this one...

Comment

Well I've just prepaid my import fees Ade, so you should get an email to do the same.

Comment

All done. £99.76 for two systems, just incase anyone else was indecisive enough

Comment

I’m struggling to pay the fees. The UPS site is throwing up all sorts of errors. I won’t be here to receive it until Saturday anyway.

Got the fees sorted. At least I have the Taiyo Yuden discs here and can get a few games ready for the Duo being collected.
              Last edited by CMcK; 19-12-2023, 20:17.

Comment

UPS already emailed this morning to say there'd be a delay and that they're not coming today. They're at least advising a morning slot on Thursday, meaning I've got a fun game of "will they come before I need to log off" lined up.

Comment

Mine is here, but I won't get a look at it until I get home from the shop tonight. I've downloaded the new firmware for the 8bitdo PCE pad so as to unlock the extra features and not have to use the dongle. I'm actually looking forward to getting home and seeing what it's like. This kind of takes me back to past Christmas times when there have been console releases. Retro!

Comment

My Duo has arrived at the pick up point! Shame I’m 270 miles south of it! Ah well. Good to know the 8bitDo pad needs an update too. I’ve had that lying for ages.

Comment

Everybody receiving their Duos, have fun

Comment

Well, here we go! Looks nicer in person than in the videos I've seen.

Thought I'd chuck in a SGFX game right away to test which ran no issue.

And that's when I realised I couldn't access any of the screen filter options without it needing an OS update and a memory card plugged in, so a bit of this. (Took all of five minutes)

Then away we go properly!

And a CD game to finish the testing. Audio sounded excellent. (Zero Wing is a great test for this)

Quite impressed so far but I want to tinker a bit more and everything a bit full on for us with the businesses, will get a good sesh on it when I finally get a day off!

Comment

Quite impressed with the filters on offer just eyed the my life in gaming vid.

I dont need one, I dont need one, I dont need one, I dont need one, I DONT NEED ONE

Comment

Yeah, it's not the easiest to get decent photos of it in the light in my house right now, but I think it looks great. Just had a good hour with it playing some faves and I like it a lot. I disagree with what all those American YouTube vids said to set the video to though, and definitely prefer the RGB over the composite.

EDIT TO ADD: These imgur images seem to down grade the actual photo quite a bit to how it actually looks.

Last edited by Colin; 20-12-2023, 19:58.

Comment

The brighter RGB palette probably works better with the scanline filter. I am curious to see the composite palette in action though.

Colin - How’s the colour of the Duo compared to your PC Engine console?
                              Last edited by CMcK; 20-12-2023, 23:04.

Comment

Oh it'll just be a case of the RGB palette being more eye pleasing for me as that's what my brain has been used to for decades.

As for the colour, it's definitely nothing like the renders where it looked white like the original, it's very much more leaning in to the Duo R/X, which makes sense I suppose though it's a disappointment for me personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X