Retro news too small for its own thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

I'd only ask Ai to fix the grammar. The actual content would be 100% my own words.
    Sadly I don't own close to a full Japanese set any more. There were about 1300 games in total. Most of the crap and Japanese dating Sims and the like I sold. Also sold a lot of the rare stuff too such as the Sekushi House discs and that Soba game where you ride a bike. Of course I made back ups before selling them 👍
    Stuff like the Sekushi House disc have never been made public on rom sites from what I know.

These days I have about 500 Japanese Saturn games.
    Very nice!

I remember one of your old videos showing off some of your more boxed away games but didn’t know you had a complete collection. Segagaga, now that takes me back to the golden days.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      TL DR - I fell down a rabbit hole looking into a new coffee table book about the Sega Saturn today. I am the first idiot in line to be parted from his money when it comes to these things, but I am fairly sure this is AI generated, or at the very least I think it might not be very good. It's going around on social media currently - buyer beware?
      Some great Amazon reviews showing up for this now

(this is not even the worst one but this PDS blurb is golden)
      Last edited by fuse; 26-04-2024, 22:35.

Comment

Immarsiva storytelling.

Comment

Wow!

Reminds me of the brand new Sega / Amiga magazines I’ve picked up recently where although you can tell it’s a labour of love, they’re really disappointing.

Loads of spelling mistakes, poor grammar and worse of all, no real insight or passion in the text. Literally, they may as well have copied and pasted the synopsis from Wiki, it lacks so much passion. “F355 was so realistic.” Well yes, but what was it running on, how did AM2 make it, anything more than just a non-detailed description?

Despite some issues I’ve had with it over the years, it makes you appreciate the quality of Retro Gamer Magazine with their interviews, industry insights along with their own personal insights being so much a step above than what else passes for retro gaming editorial.

Comment

I love that we're still finding out news from that you feel has already been written. From the excellent Time Extension.

Comment

Those crooks over at Limited run games have been selling a repro 3do game on CDR and uncannily a lot of users have found it doesn't even load .

Guess this is the result when the moron retrogame hive mind and happy to lay down £70 for a repro game (for a game that's not exactly expensive to begin with?).

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I really should publish a Saturn book. After all, I have reviews of ever Saturn game released in Japan and scans of the covers and backs from when I had a complete Saturn set.
                Maybe I could use Ai to fix the grammar so it reads more professionally?
                You can use me as your editor if you ever decide to really do this guv!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  You can use me as your editor if you ever decide to really do this guv!
                  First I need a new job. The one I have takes up too much of my person time 😞

Comment

Came across this in Retro Gamer and thought it was pretty cool. It’s a short but sweet Simpsons point and click for GB. Played it on my N64 via Everdrive.

Also from the mag, Dreamcast Guide to Indie games:

Comment

2minds releasing a load of MS, Mk III and MD versions of games they publish.

So unusual seeing homebrew on a Mk III cart. All good games too. I would single out Flight of Pigarus though. It’s a caravan shmup for the Master System and it’s outstanding. Truly one of the best games on the system.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        2minds releasing a load of MS, Mk III and MD versions of games they publish.

So unusual seeing homebrew on a Mk III cart. All good games too. I would single out Flight of Pigarus though. It’s a caravan shmup for the Master System and it’s outstanding. Truly one of the best games on the system.
                        Love that they are doing MKIII carts. Depending on their shipping, I may get myself a MKIII version of Flight of Pigarus. 👍

Comment

Working...
                        X